So, Winter's been rerecorded (streaming link inside)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully someone can rip this to Mp3 or something, I would try to but I've got class shortly and need to finish this paper first. Priorities sometimes!

disappointed that they left the "dallasclip" theramin out, but maybe they are going to use that on something else?!

pleasant song. that's all IMO. :shifty:

Count me as one that feels that way.

I like this version. It's a pretty little tune. But I loved the Linear version so much that this seems to me like a really good movie that was edited for TV, if you know what I mean.

Agreed - I prefer the Linear version by a good margin, and was hoping that the new version would improve on the rough draft, but it's not really doing it for me. Reminds me a little of 'Hands that Built America' - a nice tune but a little on the syrupy side. :reject:

Just listened to the whole song, I like it a lot, much more than the Linear version which sounded like a demo to me, made up of too many components that just didn't really match. It's much better now. A good song, not a great one, but still an improvement, IMO, also lyrically.

Great song, really, Eno was right!

Some of the lyrics are not all that great, but I really like the choruses lyrically, they seem to be about writing and how the writer is not really in control.

With the Winter coda, it becomes almost a song about writer's block.

Many thanks, Mikal

I actually read all of NLOTH as being about the creative process! :applaud:

Just listened.

The music is good.

Only one problem.

Bono's singing in the wrong octave. He should've sang this song a whole octave lower. I think it would've fit the hopelessness of the lyric better. I mean hopeless as in the emotions he's writing about, not his hopeless lyrical ability, haha. (how did butter on toast make it to the final cut? I know Eno doesn't listen to lyrics, but come on, there had to be someone in the studio with some sense)

This is starting to sound like a cross of The Unforgettable Fire, Miss Sarajevo, and White As Snow to me.

I suppose they probably will on a few occasions, but how well could it work with the Claw? :hmm:

The second half of the 360 tour could be tons of ballads and non-hit acoustic songs. I can see the setlist now, containing all of the following: October, Drowning Man, MLK, Running To Stand Still, Mothers of the Disappeared, Van Diemen's Land, The First Time, Stay, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck, The Hands That Built America, White As Snow, Winter II. The crowd could really get into that, I think.

Agreed - I prefer the Linear version by a good margin, and was hoping that the new version would improve on the rough draft, but it's not really doing it for me. Reminds me a little of 'Hands that Built America' - a nice tune but a little on the syrupy side. :reject:

I agree with you, they should have just left this song as is.

I do believe that I like the new version better. It's been de-Coldplayed! And it just feels more official. I hope it gets the nomination.

Back
Top Bottom