Radio 1 Interview. Raises questions about next album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just keep listening to Mercy a lot that should make it on a album for sure!

Beach clip 404 will definitely make the cut too. I can see them really amping the chorus into something special! I admit it sounds a little dull from the beach clips but so did the beach version of WITS. 404 will be made into a single for sure.

Last edited:
nightninja56 said:
well

MTV...probably the worst source for info, is apparently hyped about a U2 album next year, i was watching a 2006 overview on Christmas eve, and they were going through a few bands that are 'releasing albums in 2007' and it included U2

but like i said, MTV = unreliable

:shrug:

E-news reported the same (new album for 2007) :huh:

schnumi said:
And their goes my hope for another more AB/POP like album...

But with Bono you never know.

But... years ago, Bono was trying to talk about AB and he said "dense" and the world thought he said "dance"? As a result, to this day, AB is described more as a dance album (yep, can really dance to "Love Is Blindness" and "Acrobat"! Boogie City!).

Plus, for HTDAAB all Bono talked about was Edge "being from Venus" or something like that. O.K., "Vertigo" did rock as did a few other songs, but HTDAAB was hardly this grandiose punk album we thought was coming.

And for each album, including JT, U2 members have always said things like how this is their best music ever, but they still think they have better inside them.

In other words, say "no" to the hype. And relax. The earliest we'll start hearing of an album is late summer '07. I highly doubt Rubin is the type that will linger with U2 for several years and wait around for an '08 release. Plus, U2 is smart enough to try for a holiday season release (it has helped them so much). Hence, there could be a fall '07 release. In 9 months or so, we might be getting the first single. Then we can see how close Bono is to the truth... (most likely, not much).

I hope the next album is more of a coherent piece of work that has an overal theme running through it (Achtung Baby or Zooropa) instead of a collection of songs that are made to be hits (Atomic Bomb/ATYCLB). They should take more chances rather than trying to be radio friendly.

Ya know...and I'm just throwin this out there. I had a thought when listening to some of my music today. I think of all the Irish bands I listen to, U2 is the only one that doesn't really have a traditional Irish sound. Does anyone here think they might try some of that? I don't recall if they have ever said they weren't into it :scratch:

I'm just wondering. I think it'd be neat if Bono busted out the tin whistle for some songs. Add a fiddle to that... :love:

I don't get the quote....In one sentence he says "harder". When i read "harder", I think Acrobat, Exit, The Fly.

And then he says "accoustic". When I read "accoustic", I think Staring at the Sun live or Angel of Harlem.

Seems to be an oximoron.

I'd be suprised if anything came out in 2007. They like to space out the albums to about 4 years in between, which would mean fall of 2008 for next release.

Also, keep in mind that they've done A LOT of touring around the globe and inbetween were in the studio. They might want some down time w/ their families.

But then again, I could be very wrong.

redhotswami said:
I think of all the Irish bands I listen to, U2 is the only one that doesn't really have a traditional Irish sound. Does anyone here think they might try some of that? I don't recall if they have ever said they weren't into it :scratch:
]

that would be great, but i dont think there's a chance...it wouldnt sell records like the BOMB and sometimes it seems that's what Bono is all about these days

The_acrobat said:

Trust me, if it keeps them interested, then it's not gonna be bullshit for you, alright?

auch... it is SO lame when people use u2 quotes like this

doctorwho said:

But... years ago, Bono was trying to talk about AB and he said "dense" and the world thought he said "dance"? As a result, to this day, AB is described more as a dance album (yep, can really dance to "Love Is Blindness" and "Acrobat"! Boogie City!).

actually "dense/dance" were used by bono/the press to describe pop, not achtung baby.

Numb1075 said:
Also, keep in mind that they've done A LOT of touring around the globe and inbetween were in the studio. They might want some down time w/ their families.

But then again, I could be very wrong.

well when their home studio is in dublin... and their families are in dublin... bada bing bada boom... time with the fam

but edge is an owl. he is up all night and sleeps all day. how can he possibly spend time with his family?

RademR said:

that would be great, but i dont think there's a chance...it wouldnt sell records like the BOMB and sometimes it seems that's what Bono is all about these days

:reject: I'd buy it...

BTW if you're really in DC you need to check out the Interference Gatherings forum :D

redhotswami said:
Ya know...and I'm just throwin this out there. I had a thought when listening to some of my music today. I think of all the Irish bands I listen to, U2 is the only one that doesn't really have a traditional Irish sound.

Tomorrow
North & South of the River

Numb1075 said:
They like to space out the albums to about 4 years in between, which would mean fall of 2008 for next release.

Despite what seems to be a prevailing argument on Interference, that's not true. There are actually very few 4-year gaps between U2 albums.

Zoomerang96 said:

actually "dense/dance" were used by bono/the press to describe pop, not achtung baby.

While Pop is commonly misinterpreted as a "dance" album, I had heard a few times that it was indeed Achtung that Bono was talking about when the "dance/dense" confusion came about. A reporter had come up to him in his car as he pulled away from the studio & asked him what the new album was like. He said "dense," the guy thought he said "dance."

[/end know-it-all kick] :wink:

artdirector said:
I smell a beatlesesque album which may be their first crap album. And then they'll try to get their fans back and in their desperate attempt they will make another crap album. After which they will be forced to hang up the gloves. :mad:
ah right so because you wouldnt like it, the whole public would say it is crap?

Zootlesque said:
teh 00s are teh sux0rz!!!!

Okay. It's clear you have no love for most of the - *shudder* - post-2000 stuff. However, I remember a thread where you said you liked HTDAAB. I'm really confused because it keeps going back and forth. :huh:

redhotswami said:

:reject: I'd buy it...

BTW if you're really in DC you need to check out the Interference Gatherings forum :D

in all my years on interference i dont think i've been in that forum yet :reject:

will check it out thankks

redhotswami said:

would you feel differently about albums that came after 2010? sounds like you just don't like this decade.
SpaceOddity said:

Okay. It's clear you have no love for most of the - *shudder* - post-2000 stuff. However, I remember a thread where you said you liked HTDAAB. I'm really confused because it keeps going back and forth. :huh:
Zootlesque said:
: taking the piss :

c'mon people!
:lol:

Gold!

Back
Top Bottom