NLOTH Article - Just posted on atu2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Disciple

New Yorker
U2 Set Sale For a New Horizon
Exclusive: New Studio Album & Tracklist Revealed
Sunday Mirror, July 29, 2008
Stephen Maguire and Seamus Ross
It's the beautiful day millions of U2 fans around the globe have waited patiently to see for the past four years.

Now we can reveal details of the supergroup's long-awaited new album.

It is believed to be titled No Line On The Horizon and will be on sale in music stores on November 14.

The band's record company Universal has already registered the internet domain name nolineonthehorizon.com - prompting speculation this will be the new record.

And among the songs to be released on what many music insiders are calling the band's best work to date are Moment Of Surrender, For Your Love, Love Is All We Have Left and One Bird.

Others include If I Could Live My Life Again, The Cedars Of Lebanon and No Line On The Horizon.

Earlier this week a 19-strong film crew headed to the Spanish city of Cadiz to shoot a video for the band's first single from the new album although the band were not believed to be present.

Last night an insider said the U2 machine is gearing up for the release of one of the most keenly-awaited albums in recent years.

"The album is more or less all in the bag except for a few minor details," the source revealed. A lot of people have been waiting a long time for this album as they do with every U2 album.

"But the word coming out is that the band is very, very happy with the end product and when U2 are happy it should be quite a piece of work. They're not easy to please."

Legendary producer Steve Lillywhite, who has worked with U2 for more than two decades, said the new album had blown him away.

It is the first original work since the band released the smash-hit How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb in November 2004. It sold an incredible 10 million copies and picked up eight Grammy Awards.
But music commentators think the new record could be even bigger for Bono, The Edge, Larry and Adam.

U2 are also expected to announce details of a huge worldwide tour, which would almost certainly include a number of nights at the new O2 Arena in the Dublin Docklands - formerly known as the Point Theatre.

In a flurry of activity, the group have just re-released their first three albums - Boy, October and War - in extended formats and with previously unreleased tracks.
It has led to that rare thing - U2 making a mistake.

A quantity of the re-released War albums have been printed with incorrect track listings inside a booklet.

But ironically, it won't hit sales, as the botched items are likely to become collector's pieces.

COPYRIGHT 2008 MGN LTD

It is believed to be titled No Line On The Horizon

Moment Of Surrender, For Your Love, Love Is All We Have Left and One Bird.

Others include If I Could Live My Life Again, The Cedars Of Lebanon and No Line On The Horizon.

I don't like NLOTH as the album name. A single, great; not the album.
For your love
love is all we have left
one bird
if i could live my life again
are all shit song titles and I really hope this is bullshit.

I'm not sure about the song titles either. Some of them don't sound like they would lend themselves to U2's new electronic/hand played sound that Daniel Lanois talked about. I do like No Line on the Horizon, Moment of Surrender and The Cedars of Lebanon as song titles.

I'm not sure about the song titles either. Some of them don't sound like they would lend themselves to U2's new electronic/hand played sound that Daniel Lanois talked about. I do like No Line on the Horizon, Moment of Surrender and The Cedars of Lebanon as song titles.

God,I love speculation....could we wait until WE ACTUALLY HEAR THE SONGS TO RESERVE JUDGEMENT....everybody's a friggin critic these days:mad:

that article is a fabrication. i could have written it.

Anyone who reads this forum could have written that, (and probably did).

The TRUTH = This article contains absolutely NO NEW INFORMATION, except the album title which sounds more like an educated guess than inside information.

When can we get a real article/announcement with an actual tracklist with numbers and song lengths (you know, things that make it seem like you know what you are talking about and not just pilfering information off of internet forums!)

Even I, and i admit not to come and check this forum every day, have known all of this. There is nothing new in this article...just repeating rumours...just whish they'd at least present it like this and not facts

Funny how a "legitimate" news item makes people more excited. This stuff is just culled from various sites and boards. And they top it off with an anonymous source. Shit journalism.

Oh, and it took two guys to write that article! :doh:

The only known song titles are: Moment of Surrender, No Line on the Horizon, and The Cedars of Lebanon. That's it. All other ones were not far enough along in the process to be definitive.

I'm pretty sure the love titles won't (all) make the album, but
Led Zeppelin - Whole lotta love
Jimi Hendrix - Bold as Love
Frank Zappa - Tell me you love me

to just name the first 3 that come to mind

U2 Set Sale For a New Horizon
Exclusive: New Studio Album & Tracklist Revealed
Sunday Mirror, July 29, 2008
Stephen Maguire and Seamus Ross
It's the beautiful day millions of U2 fans around the globe have waited patiently to see for the past four years.

Now we can reveal details of the supergroup's long-awaited new album.

It is believed to be titled No Line On The Horizon and will be on sale in music stores on November 14.

The band's record company Universal has already registered the internet domain name nolineonthehorizon.com - prompting speculation this will be the new record.

And among the songs to be released on what many music insiders are calling the band's best work to date are Moment Of Surrender, For Your Love, Love Is All We Have Left and One Bird.

Earlier this week a 19-strong film crew headed to the Spanish city of Cadiz to shoot a video for the band's first single from the new album although the band were not believed to be present.

Last night an insider said the U2 machine is gearing up for the release of one of the most keenly-awaited albums in recent years.

"The album is more or less all in the bag except for a few minor details," the source revealed. A lot of people have been waiting a long time for this album as they do with every U2 album.

"But the word coming out is that the band is very, very happy with the end product and when U2 are happy it should be quite a piece of work. They're not easy to please."
The fact the band are happy with the album is no indication, since it's happy with every release, or, at least, claims to be. I was hopeful until I read the reporter's bias that the band isn't easy to please. It has been for the past decade.

However, I'm hoping the band is more pleased than it's been in the past, and that it really will be the best album or at least rival Achtung Baby.

I hope that's not the full tracklisting, though. I'm greedy that way; I want at least a 55 minute album, and I doubt these will be 7-minute epics. I also hope they took another shot at "Mercy" and improved those lyrics, too.

I am getting excited. Don't let me down, U2!

Funny how a "legitimate" news item makes people more excited. This stuff is just culled from various sites and boards. And they top it off with an anonymous source. Shit journalism.

Oh, and it took two guys to write that article! :doh:

Oh...... I guess I forgot some of the titles, then. Darn. Still excited, though.
yeah, those "love..." song titles sound like they are from a Celine Dion album.

:lol: Very good point. I was a bit wary of the "love" titles, but wasn't gutsy enough or finicky enough to admit it.

Back
Top Bottom