Next Album Rumours Thread IV - 2 Sing 2 Furious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still don’t get why from Bomb on the mix of Bono’s voice has to be SO LOUD

And guess Edge says no to guitar on ballads.

It’s a nice melody. Seems like something from SOI. Maybe there’s a shout out to Joey R

I still don’t get why from Bomb on the mix of Bono’s voice has to be SO LOUD

And guess Edge says no to guitar on ballads.

It’s a nice melody. Seems like something from SOI. Maybe there’s a shout out to Joey R

While NLOTH had some far more subtle mixes going on, on the whole it’s likely a byproduct of the loudness wars. This new track has some obvious vocal manipulation going on; SOE was where that really started to creep in audibly. If his voice is so rough, perhaps they *should* de-emphasize it a bit.

With Edge disappearing over the last album and really for a lot longer than that, the music comes off as a Bono solo project.

You need Edge to stand out a bit more to give it that U2 feeling. Adam and Larry are great at what they do together but Adam can’t be bothered to come up with bass riffs anymore. He’s more into complimentary role

Which is why it’s more important for Edge to stand out.

Not gonna get too bothered by a cartoon soundtrack

It’s more their songs seem to be the same lately. Adult contemporary but without anything that makes U2 themselves

I am pretty pissed that the new U2 song is only 45 seconds long. They're really losing their drive.

I am pretty pissed that the new U2 song is only 45 seconds long. They're really losing their drive.

“Our mindset now is: if you can’t say it in a 45-second pop song for an animated feature, then it probably doesn’t need to be said at all.”

“Our mindset now is: if you can’t say it in a 45-second pop song for an animated feature, then it probably doesn’t need to be said at all.”

"You say it best...when you say 45 seconds of it all"

I will say that the chorus is pretty and is catchy. I've found myself singing it randomly during the day. The verse is pretty disappointing so far, but I do feel like the bridge could be something really good.

Overall feels a bit ATYCLB ish to me. And I'll take 45 seconds of this over Peace on Earth and Grace any day.

The roughness of Bono's voice is a bit... perplexing. I mean, it doesn't have to be. Just patch together the many takes I'm sure he did. Unless they are going for a older weathered rock singer voice or something, a little strange.

Looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

I will say that the chorus is pretty and is catchy. I've found myself singing it randomly during the day. The verse is pretty disappointing so far, but I do feel like the bridge could be something really good.

Overall feels a bit ATYCLB ish to me. And I'll take 45 seconds of this over Peace on Earth and Grace any day.

The roughness of Bono's voice is a bit... perplexing. I mean, it doesn't have to be. Just patch together the many takes I'm sure he did. Unless they are going for a older weathered rock singer voice or something, a little strange.

Looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

well - one could argue that bono is, indeed, an old weathered rock star.

we've wanted the band to act their age. well... their age is old. i'll have to wait until i hear the full track to pass judgement (what an odd concept), but generally speaking i'd prefer to hear a little age in his voice over something over polished in the studio.

well - one could argue that bono is, indeed, an old weathered rock star.

we've wanted the band to act their age. well... their age is old. i'll have to wait until i hear the full track to pass judgement (what an odd concept), but generally speaking i'd prefer to hear a little age in his voice over something over polished in the studio.

I totally agree. I mean, my hope would be that on the next album they would do some songs with more lower register bono ala Cedars. Can make some beautiful songs with wise lyrics and some more experimental instrumental arrangements.

I guess I would have thought for this type of song it would be polished up a bit more. And still there's a difference between a nice gravel in the voice (which I think sounds nice in the chorus) and a couple of sort of strained sounding words in the verse. Overall its growing on me a little.

from the clip it sounds like this song will be to original of the species, as get out of your own way is to beautiful day.

from the clip it sounds like this song will be to original of the species, as get out of your own way is to beautiful day.

so weird. OOTS came to my mind when I heard the chorus the first time. I really like this analogy.

Back
Top Bottom