New singles collector's boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine has not arrived yet...
Are you all England/Ireland based?
My hope is that it is just taking longer for the mail to reach the continent.
My fear is that the record company is mailing UK and Ireland addresses only...

I got one, arrived today! (Based in N Ireland). Dunno what I'm going to do with it though, as I don't buy 7" singles. How rare exactly are these things?

Just looked on eBay - hell, if people are willing to pay £20+ for a little cardboard box, then by all means I'm open to offers for mine! :wink:

Seriously, I hope that plenty of others on the forum receive one in the post. It was a pleasant surprise when I opened the envelope, I have to say. I'd given up on getting one.

looking at the amount of these on eBay makes me feel two things.
a) it's a shame how many greedy people there are out there taking a box that could easily have gone to a loving(!) home and been enjoyed by a fan who genuinely bought it for actually keeping the singles in like the mad collector fan (s)he is.
b) if they're getting bids of nearly 50 quid I look forward to seeing how much the complete set will go for :hmm:

I received my box today (number 2281), and I'm in Paris, so there's hope for those in Europe at least...

Wow, that's a surprise! I received my 7" Magnificent single from Juno today. It was perfectly shipped within 5 days for a meager 5 euros... And looking at it, standing next to the GOYB and TSAC 7" singles, I was thinking I need something to house these fellas in... :sad:

But hope springs eternal! :applaud:

:waiting: well? pictures people, pictures! :drool:

265743022_o.jpg

265743121_o.jpg

265743233_o.jpg

265743302_o.jpg

Jeez, these babies are not selling for less than fifty quid on eBay... :angry:
(but seeing how thick the carton is, they are nice!)

i can't believe how much they're going for on eBay it's crazy.

I don't think I could sell mine (with the eventual complete collection of 7"s in there) unless I really needed the money...
but that's the thing it's got to the stage where I've finally turned into the person who's thinking he MIGHT just have to start selling off a couple of valued posessions to make some money :reject::reject: starting with some of my rare records.....:reject::reject: this isn't why I buy them! I buy them because some of them have special sentimental value to me (ie. Zooropa, nothing beats having a nice big LP version of your favourite album) not so I can make money out of them somewhere down the line :(

anyway, great pics U2forBoys....nice to see the box since I've left mine in it's bubblewrap packet with the records in...not that that does any good it arrived with a couple of squash creases in it! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom