More about "The Crystal Ballroom"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone think the physical release might get pushed back a little from 10/13, considering they reportedly went back into the studio to finish recording acoustic tracks for it after releasing the iTunes free album?

does anyone think the physical release might get pushed back a little from 10/13, considering they reportedly went back into the studio to finish recording acoustic tracks for it after releasing the iTunes free album?

Nah - they are locked in now

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yep. Just last night , I was looking for some new U2 remixes, to see if
anyone out there already started making some new remixes from
the new songs and I searched "U2 2014 new". I ended up looking at numerous files
from Soundcloud, some other places and also YouTube.
BTW - DJ Americo from Soundcloud already made a new remix from the new U2 record
and its faaaantastic! :)
Anyway, I picked this vídeo with no
moving images, just a dancehall kind of photo and this song was playing as
if someone recorded it while being in teh room next door from the studio.
It was defenitly Bono singing about a crystal ball room and had the usual U2 sound.
I recorded it from YouTube to Mp3 for my collection. It is not spectacular. I would rather
wait for the final version. If the final version is diferent, then I have another version of
this song.

This post would be formatted in the shape of a raised middle finger, but he never finishes what he starts.

Guys/gals.....wait for the final version. You don't want to hear a song that according to the original poster may have been recorded from the room next door. It's almost as bad as a beach clip.

You just got 11 new songs, listen to them and in just 3 weeks you are going to be able to listen to a proper version of Crystal Ballroom.

I can see it now, some one was taking a poop while recording the song from the next room and we are going to hear a toilet flush. This is going to create 50 pages about how U2 are back to experimenting with sounds and you'll all be disappointed that the toilet flush sound isn't on the final version!!

Don't rush it....enjoy this time as it is rare that we U2 fans are getting SO much all at once!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There's a confirmed psychological diagnosis for it among U2 fans. It's what's known as "The Mercy Effect"...i.e. the best U2 song is always an alternate version or the one that hasn't been released. Mercy would have saved Bomb, Vertigo would have been so much better had it stayed Fortunate Son, LWTSH is better than The Fly, The Helsinki version of Every Breaking Wave is so much better, NLOTH would have been better had it only sounded like the beach clips, etc.

There's a confirmed psychological diagnosis for it among U2 fans. It's what's known as "The Mercy Effect"...i.e. the best U2 song is always an alternate version or the one that hasn't been released. Mercy would have saved Bomb, Vertigo would have been so much better had it stayed Fortunate Son, LWTSH is better than The Fly, The Helsinki version of Every Breaking Wave is so much better, NLOTH would have been better had it only sounded like the beach clips, etc.

I somewhat agree. I personally think Vertigo is much better than Native Son and The Fly much surperior to LWTSH, although I do enjoy the alternate versions. With that said, the version of Mercy we have, although a bad upload, is pretty much thought to be the final version of the song that was intended to appear on HTDAAB, but was later axed for whatever reasons. So I do think it's a valid argument to say Bomb would have been better with Mercy on it because we did hear what was the final version "at that time". Obviously since then, the band tinkered and butchered it.

I somewhat agree. I personally think Vertigo is much better than Native Son and The Fly much surperior to LWTSH, although I do enjoy the alternate versions. With that said, the version of Mercy we have, although a bad upload, is pretty much thought to be the final version of the song that was intended to appear on HTDAAB, but was later axed for whatever reasons. So I do think it's a valid argument to say Bomb would have been better with Mercy on it because we did hear what was the final version "at that time". Obviously since then, the band tinkered and butchered it.

Thank you.

OK folks I got some bad news, a friend just told me this is not a U2 original song but a
U2 cover band. Some band called Trabants doing some rehearsals and they sound like U2.
I am now very embarrassed. :sad:
Please except my apologies.
I really thought this was the real thing :doh:

Agree with all of this.

Because because because we can we must......God, that was awful.

OK folks I got some bad news, a friend just told me this is not a U2 original song but a
U2 cover band. Some band called Trabants doing some rehearsals and they sound like U2.
I am now very embarrassed. :sad:
Please except my apologies.
I really thought this was the real thing :doh:

Well, when The Crystal Ballroom comes out, make sure to tell us if it was even better than the real thing.

Well, Native Son actually IS ten times better than Vertigo. :)

Well, Native Son actually IS ten times better than Vertigo. :)

Well, I disagree, but that's your opinion and there's no arguing with that. :) I'm not a particularly big fan of Vertigo, but it works as a mainstream rock song in a way I don't believe Native Son would. And Native Son would not have been a radio hit and it certainly would not have been an iPod commercial...and Bomb would have sold significantly less because of it.

Of course, there's a good side to all that...we wouldn't be having to hear Vertigo at every tour from 2005 through the end of time. :)

Well, I disagree, but that's your opinion and there's no arguing with that. :) I'm not a particularly big fan of Vertigo, but it works as a mainstream rock song in a way I don't believe Native Son would. And Native Son would not have been a radio hit and it certainly would not have been an iPod commercial...and Bomb would have sold significantly less because of it.

Of course, there's a good side to all that...we wouldn't be having to hear Vertigo at every tour from 2005 through the end of time. :)

I agree, although it would have been funny to see more than a few heads explode if Native Son were the iPod commercial LOL.

Back
Top Bottom