Moment Of Surrender is the next single then!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't make a habit of coming to the rescue of celebrities, but these last few comments are rather crude. How about we stick to the music?

I can't see this song being very popular. It seems like the band might be releasing it as a single just because they want another single out.

Still my favorite song from the album. They'll definitely cut at least a minute from it.

wow Megan is sexy!

I like the performance, esp. Edge's solo. Wondering what the exact lyrics are that Bono is rapping.

Great song. But will do nothing as a single. I like it more than One. I also like Magnificient more than Vertigo and Elevation together, but what did it do as a single?

Well great news for all those people who got that box where 4 singles fit in. Would be sad to end up with 3... :D

MOS next single?

So is MOS the next single then or not? People are talking about it, but I'm still unsure if this is all rumours, or if anything has been confirmed?
Has anyone heard about any release dates for the single?

Any release dates announced yet?
With the lack of news, I'm begining to doubt that this is the next single...

I still think this song was a missed opportunity. The music is just straight up boring. Edge must have taken the day off for this one considering he pretty much is non-existent on the track. Aside from that, I must admit its a great Bono '00's vocal... in parts.

I'm thinking this might just be a case of holding back on a MOS release date to see if SOA comes to fruitation. Release the 4th single or wait a bit longer and release a 1st single.

yeah, agreed. theres really no rush to push the fourth single out now. if they do decide to release MOS as a single, maybe they'll show up at the Grammy's even though they're going to lose and play MOS, pushing it for Record/Song of the year for next year, with everybody watching and all. perfect promotion. Release it sometime in February to help give the tour more momentum when it kicks off in (April? South America?)... or they can wait, see if they have something with SOA and then decide what to do. Every Breaking Wave? Winter? Something else? Who knows.

Doesn't matter. NLOTH's singles strategy has been atrocious from the beginning. Releasing MOS as a single or not won't make any difference.
It's been 9 months since NLOTH came out. MOS will never be even a minor hit and have some mass appeal.

Plus, since there's no tour to promote on the next weeks or couple of months and since there's the possibility of a new album coming out soon, releasing a 4th single now (counting on the fact that U2 takes tooooooo much time between singles, it's too long for the industry's standards and for a band in U2's position - for the good and the bad - it's too long) almost doesn't make any sense.

On the one hand, if there's a new album coming out in 4 months it doesn't make any sense to release a fourth single.

On the other hand, it would be a crime for the best song on the album to not get the honor.....

So, there we are!

Maybe the new version of 'Winter' will be the next single? And maybe it's either a non-album single, or the lead single for SOA? Just a thought

I think U2 have made a big big mistake my not releasing MOS it would of appealed to the masses!

Its even came in at no 36 in the best songs of this decade at rollling stone and this was voted for by fellow musicans! and Lars from Metalica claiming that it was the best song produced by anyone this decade!

Moment of Surrender (Unofficial E°89 Single Mix)

Info:
It's been rumoured that Moment of Surrender will be the forthcoming last single from U2's most recent album No Line On The Horizon, so I decided to make a strictly unofficial/unauthorized single mix candidate out of the 7 minute and 24 second album version of the song, making it more fit for radio airplay. To achieve this, I shortened the intro and outro, increased the playback speed by 5% - to give a little more "go" - and omitted the fifth verse since I didn't think it contributed to the overall mood as much as the other lyrical content. U2 themselves omitted the third verse which I happen to like so I kept it.

To accompany the audio I have been trying to use shots from Fez, Morocco as much as possible and to minimize footage where the 360° Tour set-up has been visible to stay true to that goal. Keep in mind that this has been my first major adventure using Sony Vegas Pro 9 to edit and export a music video in HD-format so don't expect wonders from me, ok? =).
YouTube - U2 - Moment of Surrender (Unofficial E°89 Single Mix)
I urge you to watch the video in HD if your computer can handle that.

Preview thumbnails:
u2mose89thumbs200912141.jpg

Duration: 05 minutes 41 seconds
Format: High Definition MP4
  • Video: MPEG4 Video (H264)
  • Audio: AAC 44100Hz stereo 125Kbps
Resolution: 1280x720 29.97fps
Size: 88.35 MB

Download links:

Send me an e-mail or PM, I'm not sure if it's allowed to be shared here?

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year U2010!
//Edge89

On the other hand, it would be a crime for the best song on the album to not get the honor.....

Part of the magic of Bad and UTEOTW, I think, is that those songs were never released as singles, but have lasted to this day as common live songs that just about everyone loves... it would be great if MOS could fit that role too, I guess.

Part of the magic of Bad and UTEOTW, I think, is that those songs were never released as singles, but have lasted to this day as common live songs that just about everyone loves... it would be great if MOS could fit that role too, I guess.

I have a CD of Until the End of the World that was given to radio stations so they would play it.... almost kind of practically makes it a single!

And Bad? What was Wide Awake in America if not Bad's single?

This was awesome. Incredible job! That must have taken you hours...

Moment of Surrender (Unofficial E°89 Single Mix)

Info:
It's been rumoured that Moment of Surrender will be the forthcoming last single from U2's most recent album No Line On The Horizon, so I decided to make a strictly unofficial/unauthorized single mix candidate out of the 7 minute and 24 second album version of the song, making it more fit for radio airplay. To achieve this, I shortened the intro and outro, increased the playback speed by 5% - to give a little more "go" - and omitted the fifth verse since I didn't think it contributed to the overall mood as much as the other lyrical content. U2 themselves omitted the third verse which I happen to like so I kept it.

To accompany the audio I have been trying to use shots from Fez, Morocco as much as possible and to minimize footage where the 360° Tour set-up has been visible to stay true to that goal. Keep in mind that this has been my first major adventure using Sony Vegas Pro 9 to edit and export a music video in HD-format so don't expect wonders from me, ok? =).
YouTube - U2 - Moment of Surrender (Unofficial E°89 Single Mix)
I urge you to watch the video in HD if your computer can handle that.

Preview thumbnails:
u2mose89thumbs200912141.jpg

Duration: 05 minutes 41 seconds
Format: High Definition MP4
  • Video: MPEG4 Video (H264)
  • Audio: AAC 44100Hz stereo 125Kbps
Resolution: 1280x720 29.97fps
Size: 88.35 MB

Download links:

Send me an e-mail or PM, I'm not sure if it's allowed to be shared here?

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year U2010!
//Edge89

Back
Top Bottom