MERGED--> When will 'Window' leak? + Date of the new single leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
Date of the new single leak?

When do you feel will be the date of the new single leak?

late OCT. I expect it to be ' All my life' - can we expect a music video too ?

vaz02 said:
late OCT. I expect it to be ' All my life' - can we expect a music video too ?

I agree. But the song's title might be off.

All my life I've been waiting for...
but I thought I needed more.
All my life I've been waiting for this moment I'm in.
This moment I'm in.

O-O--OH-OH!

Convoy said:
What was the latest a new song ever took to leak?
you mean earliest ? i think vertigo leaked 2 months before release , maybe more.

vaz02 said:
i think vertigo leaked 2 months before release , maybe more.

Uh, no. The release date of Vertigo to radio was 24 September 2004. We did not get it until that very date - unless you lived in a part of the world where it was 23 September at that time (it was around 3am on the 24th for me).

The HTDAAB album leaked on either 6 or 7 November 2004, just over two weeks before its official release date.

Oh, and the Best Of's new song leaked last week. :wink:

Axver said:

Uh, no. The release date of Vertigo to radio was 24 September 2004. We did not get it until that very date - unless you lived in a part of the world where it was 23 September at that time (it was around 3am on the 24th for me).

The HTDAAB album leaked on either 6 or 7 November 2004, just over two weeks before its official release date.

Oh, and the Best Of's new song leaked last week. :wink:

the song was leaked on the web for ages before it hit the radio , memory recalls.

vaz02 said:

the song was leaked on the web for ages before it hit the radio , memory recalls.

No it wasn't, I remember Vertigo's leak very well. In the days leading up to the 24 September 2004 release-to-radio date, we had various false alarms: Indie 103.1 claiming they'd play it and then not doing it, Nova FM including 5 seconds of it in an ad, etc.

It finally leaked to the Internet when Croatian radio played it early in the morning of 24 September my time, afternoon/evening of 23 September in Europe and North America.

That's the facts. Don't make me search through Interference's archives to prove it. What you're probably thinking of is that it we all had Vertigo over a month before the CD single was released (I forget the exact date of the CD single's release, I think first week of November).

Axver said:

No it wasn't, I remember Vertigo's leak very well. In the days leading up to the 24 September 2004 release-to-radio date, we had various false alarms: Indie 103.1 claiming they'd play it and then not doing it, Nova FM including 5 seconds of it in an ad, etc.

It finally leaked to the Internet when Croatian radio played it early in the morning of 24 September my time, afternoon/evening of 23 September in Europe and North America.

That's the facts. Don't make me search through Interference's archives to prove it. What you're probably thinking of is that it we all had Vertigo over a month before the CD single was released (I forget the exact date of the CD single's release, I think first week of November).

Carm down dear.

I will take your word for it.

I concur with Axver, as we were all here when it hit. There's a beauty of an audio file somewhere of Axver's original reaction that is comic gold, I tell ya.

U2dork said:
I concur with Axver, as we were all here when it hit. There's a beauty of an audio file somewhere of Axver's original reaction that is comic gold, I tell ya.

I was hoping no-one would mention that, especially considering how my thoughts on the song have completely changed. :mad: :wink:

MrBrau1 said:
no doubt the leak of the new song will be met with 500 post bitchfests complaining about everything under the sun.

and no doubt you'll bitch about the bitching :wink:

considering the Best Of comes out November 20th, if the new song is indeed a single, it would have to come out at least 3 weeks before that date. usually singles leak before they go to radio(though that wasn't the case with Vertigo).

so i'd say give it a week or two. we still don't even know what song it will be, so one thing at a time!

If The Saints are Coming is being released on Oct 30th I can't see a new U2 single (All My Life) being released until the new year.

yeah i a not sure if the saints are coming is being released on Oct 30th they will not release another single 2 weeks after this date surely? they could possibly release the other new song in the new year to help boost the sales of the new greatest hits though.

Is there any guarantee that the new song will even BE released as a single? Or that it will be released before the CD drops...especially with Saints being released so close to the album drop date?

I don't think it'll be released before the album. Maybe after new years.

I think we whould hear it somewhere between november 5th and 10 th.

I doubt they will release two songs from the greatest hits. I suppose it will be a double A side like Stay and I've got you under my skin.

Back
Top Bottom