Interview with Edge's mum -album in late Feb??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenlight

The Fly
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere -great interview with Edge's mum
Gwenda more than just a famous mother - Lifestyle, frontpage - Fingal-Independent.ie

Lot's of gems in it and she's asked about the new album
Do you have any idea when the new U2 album is coming out?

They hope in about February. They¹re still working on it, would you believe, and they decided to go back and polish up some of the stuff. And as we speak, they¹re working on finishing off the album.

They hope to have it finished in December and then of course it takes ages for it to get off the ground. They¹re talking about the end of February, but your guess is as good as mine.

They¹ve been working on it now for I don¹t know how long, two years I think.

Are you looking forward to it as much as everyone else?

Yes. It¹ll be interesting to see, because they went off on a tangent a while ago, but the last album was back to their Œoriginal¹ as I call it and what I enjoy.

:lmao: Edge's mum? Is this for real???

Actually the article is quite interesting! :)

Last edited:
Awesome find! Thanks for sharing it with us!

And :bono: is such a half-liar :lol:

Before we go on to mention your famous son, what do you call him?
I call him Dave, but most of the time when I'm talking about him, I call him Edge because people know him as that.
A-ha!

I LOVE to hear and read from family members of the band, because they always have such a different, refreshing perspective of things. For them, these guys are just sons or brothers or husbands or whatever.

I read parts of this interview on @u2.com earlier today, but not the part about the new album. Instead, I laughed about the part where she says they were unable to take the guitar away from him as a child because he was constantly being noisy.

Thanks for posting! Interesting, so many signs pointing towards February right now.

b3c47201-a5de-4220-_238078t.jpg

I can see the resemblance. :D

It is refreshing to get different perspectives.
He does look like his mum, but he is the absolute spitting image of his dad.

What an interesting read, who would've thought we would hear from Edges mother. :)

Back
Top Bottom