First photo-shoots are done!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm under the influence of Nyquil...I didn't think "The Diary" could be the title. Of course, I didn't really think the cover of HTDAAB was the real cover too:sexywink:

Clearly a U2 fan himself, he went on to say how he heard three of the tracks from their new album - and said it "blew him away".

"They're more-or-less finished the whole album now. There's one or two songs they have to lay down but apart from that they're done so they were telling me how they're probably going to take the rest of the summer off," he continued.

"They're also hoping to tour again next year on the back of the new album."

(c) Evening Herald, 2008.

This bodes well! They seem to have a happy glow that they did something good.

Here is the new album Picture:

1640a.jpg

Maybe Edge is changing his name to The Sludge because of some new muddy, dirty guitar sound.

And the beach thing seems a bit overdone at this point.

This location looks very familiar. Didn't they do a photo shoot in front of those smoke stacks in the early 80s?

i thought they had one htdaab era picture taken there...i dunno!

Now who's going to steal the film so we can see these???

:hmm: This is making me think this could be a back to their roots again album. It would also tie in with the re-releases of the first 3 albums too.

Somebody must have seen what was going on unless they shot the photos at the dead of night, but Larry caked in mud is making me :drool:

:hmm: This is making me think this could be a back to their roots again album.

Like Hutdab and Attyclub?

People should face it; we're not going to have another U2 revolution, there's not going to be a Zoo-era comeback, and the new direction we're likely to hear isn't going to be as stark as the transition from JT/R&H to AB and Zooropa. We're likely just going to have an album of songs, and that's it. Hopefully some fresh sounds we've not heard before, like the mentioned Hendrix influences. I think most people here want an album with less-directness lyrically from Bono, music with a bit of atmosphere to it, and an album with a logical and coherent order, but people just say they want AB MkII. Well, they won't get it. And I think that's a good thing.

Like Hutdab and Attyclub?

People should face it; we're not going to have another U2 revolution, there's not going to be a Zoo-era comeback, and the new direction we're likely to hear isn't going to be as stark as the transition from JT/R&H to AB and Zooropa. We're likely just going to have an album of songs, and that's it. Hopefully some fresh sounds we've not heard before, like the mentioned Hendrix influences. I think most people here want an album with less-directness lyrically from Bono, music with a bit of atmosphere to it, and an album with a logical and coherent order, but people just say they want AB MkII. Well, they won't get it. And I think that's a good thing.

Welcome to the discussion about a friggin' photoshoot! :wave:

U2 on the beach ? That's something new for a cover.

So far we had the wide eyed boy cover (worked really well), the band cover (eh), again Peter Rowan with a very intense cover (again worked really well for War), some of the band against a castle (worked for the atmpospheric, more open sound), band in front of a canyon (worked for the desert symbolism as well as the wide open sounds) , a live pic (it was partially a live album), the "everything you know is wrong colour cover of various pics, the Europafied cover (both worked for the new era of U2), the popart band picture cover, the black and white airport picture for All that (nicely tying to going back of the basics of being in a band and yet again finding a new era for U2) and the black and white sitting picture (eh).

I love the tittle-tattle, but isn't anyone else frustrated at how the article focussed on the hair styles (a short back and sides is 'so what'!?!) and said nothing about what the new album sounded like?

I think the silence is a nice change this time around. Eno and Lanois are doing enough hype as it is.

edit - and for comparison, from U2faq site:

Where was the photo on the cover of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb taken?

In Portugal, during a photo shoot with Anton Corbijn in late April / early May of 2004. [M2]

I'm happy enough to hear that everyone who hears the new tracks seems to like them. I mean the hairdresser said he was blown away.

Dana

Don't think I'm subscribing any kind of super critical analytical faculties to the hairdresser. I'm just saying that all the comments so far have been beyond favorable. It's exciting when every comment you see is not just positive but very positive. Sure it doesn't guarantee that it really is great but it does ramp up the anticipation.

Dana

Don't think I'm subscribing any kind of super critical analytical faculties to the hairdresser. I'm just saying that all the comments so far have been beyond favorable. It's exciting when every comment you see is not just positive but very positive. Sure it doesn't guarantee that it really is great but it does ramp up the anticipation.

Dana

i was just thinking this:

haitourmaline.jpg

Back
Top Bottom