Can a Mod, or someone with U2 connections, start a petition regarding "Mercy"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beLIEve

Refugee
Can a Mod, or someone with U2 connections, start a petition regarding "Mercy"?

Sorry if this has already been posted or if this type of thing does not work at Interference...I've been gone a while and just recently checked back in when I saw news of a possible new U2 record being on the horizon.

Whether it be an EP, or full 12-track album, I really, REALLY hate the idea of the "new" Mercy being released or promoted in it's "new" form. The song has been in many hard-core U2 fans i-pods for years now...and it just doesn't work as a "radio" or "pop" song. Wide Awake in America kept Bad pretty true to form, and made a great song even better, which is often the case when U2 take their songs on the road.

However, Mercy does not fall into that category. Does anyone here have the means to deliver a fan petition to the band? I mean, that song means a lot to me...and a number of other fans, too, I suspect, and I cringed when I heard the recently played version on tour. If U2 feel they MUST release this new, butchered version...perhaps we fans could persuade them to also release the 6 1/2 minute version that one journalist called "almost 7 minutes of U2 at it's most uninhibited U2-ish self", or something like that, and he was right.

Anyone interested? Anyone care? Would the band listen?

TIA

sure. the edge is my cousin. what would you like me to tell them exactly?

Sarcasm aside, petition the band to keep Mercy in it's original form...or perhaps clean it up a little bit, but still release it, whether it be EP or album, as close to what it originally sounded like as possible.

Say hi to Dave Evans for me, K?

interference isn't the official forum for u2 so as a result we don't really have any official connection with them. band members have mentioned the site in the past and probably lurk occasionally but that's it really.

if anyone on the forum chooses to make a petition they're free to do so and advertise it in their sig if they're a premium member. making a thread advertising it though isn't allowed.

if anyone wants to discuss mercy and whether it'll be on any upcoming releases may do so in the existing thread: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...ontinued-wide-awake-in-europe-etc-208141.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom