Bono talks 3 albums again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't he invited to a music festival in Morocco, which led to U2 recording there? Wherever he can find inspiration is probably good for U2 in the long run. If he dries up of creative juice, U2 are finished. Simple as.

NLOTH is some of his best work.

The Edge needs to find something new, on the other hand.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Yes, the chorus of unknown caller is Shakespearian.

Low blow.

"Eli Manning really did well in the Super Bowl tonight! He's a good quarterback, isn't he?"

"Yes, his performances against the Redskins' defense were just SUBLIME."

:wink:

That's about as tight as saying NLOTH sucks because of the "middle three" songs.

Well, not really.

If one thought that NLOTH was good, or average without those three songs and really didn't like those three songs, then they could definitely say NLOTH sucks because of a sag in the middle. It would be an average album with a terrible middle, which would make the experience of listening to it straight through very unpleasant. The album as a single piece of work could then be said to "suck". However, the album as collection of songs viewed in isolation could, by the same measure, be considered "good".

The Middle Three aren't necessarily bad, but they really mess up the flow of the album and don't fit in very well. It's a shame that U2 didn't have the courage to carry the general tone of NLOTH all the way through without trying to inject it with a sugary center of radio-friendly pop songs and turning it into a musical jelly donut.

my goal for this album is for me to turn on the radio......and right after LMFAO, the new U2 single is played........followed by Maroon 5.

this is the U2 i love folks!

It's past time for Bono to say something wildly optimistic about their upcoming album to give us all a good chuckle. :wink:

I'll be happy as long as the music doesn't 'sound brownish'*

*paraphrasing a Bono description of some spiderman music.

We found retroviral drugs in a hoooopelesss plaaace
We found retroviral drugs in a HOOOPELESSSS PLAAACE

Anyone who became a U2 fan in 2004 or 2009 has nothing to complain about. Worst case scenario you've had to digest their entire body of work over the last 8 years. It's long time fans who had the back catelogue firmly in their mins that have been waiting for something new. For new fans EVERYTHING they ahd done prior to them becoming fans was new so.... I'm not saying new fans shouldn't be anxious for new material as well but it sure as hell isn't worse for a new fan than it is for a long time fan.

Hallucination said:
Anyone who became a U2 fan in 2004 or 2009 has nothing to complain about. Worst case scenario you've had to digest their entire body of work over the last 8 years. It's long time fans who had the back catelogue firmly in their mins that have been waiting for something new. For new fans EVERYTHING they ahd done prior to them becoming fans was new so.... I'm not saying new fans shouldn't be anxious for new material as well but it sure as hell isn't worse for a new fan than it is for a long time fan.

??? I'm confused, there has been plenty of time to listen to old material between u2 releases, bring on the new stuff to fans young and old ye Irishmen!!! The more I listen the more I want and it's also unnerving to know the end is not as far as the start, I know a line from OOTS, couldn't help it. :)

I think everyone needs to think back to the time between Bomb and No Line. We all wanted new U2, and the obliged us with Window In The Skies. I think they were trying to tell everyone to chill the hell out and be patient, because if they give in to demand for material we'll have to listen to shit like that.

I hear McGuinness ordered them to hold off on releasing U2: the Best Of, 2000-2010

"not enough hits..."

Back
Top Bottom