Anyone else heard this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
According to a poster at u2mp3s.com

"And, if they continue to record at Abbey Road, expect a stronger Beatles influence than in the past. I heard on a Radio 1 Chris Moyles podcast that U2 had asked for all the control panels in studio 2 to be in the exact settings as the last time The Beatles recorded there, to pick up the same vibe. Somehow I think this may be apocryphal as The Beatles' final sessions were mostly recorded separately anyway (and not all at Abbey Road), but it was an interesting tidbit nonetheless."

:hmm: So, as with WITS, are they really going to take on the Beatles at their own game, ie writing great pop music?

I think they'd try anything to find that extra bit of inspiration
Larry will probably also be wearing his lucky socks

I did hear that, but also from u2mp3s.

If they're putting an emphasis on "melody" for this album, then I don't see a better model than the Beatles.

My two fears about interpretations once the album comes out:

1. This is the U2 "Beatles album."

or

2. This is Rick Rubin's take on U2.

I'm sure they'll keep it "U2 enough" to dispel those ideas, but they have crossed my mind...

This doesn´t excite me at all. I was never a big fan of the Beatles.
My biggest wish is for U2 to write a big rock and roll album. Chances for that are smaller than getting a live version of Acrobat in 2008.

pop is their next step(not album)
but,i expect nothing so i will be somewhat pleased with everything.
but it's sad to see that u2 makes anything and it gets few awards

Galeongirl said:
:hmm: On HBO Bono did say they were taking on the beatles....

... And it was met by a somewhat painfully awkward silence. :D I definitely LOL-ed at that part.

C'mon, Bono has mentioned taking on the Beatles many times. Ho Hum. The only thing I expect is for the new album to come out in 2008. Otherwise, I like to keep an open mind and expect nothing.

Well, WITS has too much Beatles-influences, but I really hope it was just an experimental proof, and the entire new u2-album will not be based on influences by the Beatles. Anyway, I like most songs of the Beatles, but I do not want my favourite band to copy the style of this old English band.:ohmy:

I think U2 can out-Beatles the Beatles, if that's what they decide they want to do. WITS is a brilliant indication of this.

Yes, I am an optimist/idealist. :wink:

2orangecats said:

That was really, really awkward! :reject:

I THINK Bono was being sarcastic but nobody was sure....

I thought Bono was serious (!)... did you see the uncomfortable look on Edge's face?

david said:
i was really hoping for the bee gees influence.

Now your talkin! :up:

I can already hear them doing a cover of "New York Mining Disaster 1941" :laugh:

:hmm: Actually that might be a cool cover for them to do live! :shifty:

Bono has mentioned several times how he thinks the Bee Gees have one of the greatest catalogs of music period. :shrug: :yikes: (just skip the disco era please! :laugh: )

Back
Top Bottom