GQ - 'Band of the year' scans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something like this sprang in mind :

Untitled-1-1.jpg

:applaud: :lol:

Pamelakellett said:
I`ve been every major supermarket chain in Leicester, all big newagents and WHSmiths - no U2 :angry:

I'm going to try WHSmith tomorrow, if it's there I'm getting every copy I can. So if anyone wants one check here to see how I go :)

I`ve given up trying. Got my copy coming off e-bay though now got to collect it from the sorting office as not in yesterday when the post came.......:scream: :angry:!!! Hopefully will cycle to out of town delivery office tomorrow to get it. Royal Mail is such a pain here :madspit:

My boyfriend just walked around Central London checking stores, he found 4 copies. One store had more than 20 copies and ALL were that half naked woman.

Anyway, he wants to keep 2, but if anyone else needs them we'll send the other 2 out for 20 Pounds each including international shipping. If you're in the UK I'll have to check but I'm sure shipping would be less so price would go down of course.

If anyone is interested, let me know

stil... Its cheaper than the average GQ mag on ebay these days.

There is one good seller on ebay who is not charging the ginormous inflated prices. I think she's selling for the regular cover price in the UK (though I am not positive, but it seems close) I don't think we can put ebay links here, but you can find her if you search that magazine issue. (If you find the auction you can ask the seller if she has any more U2 issues) The thing that is expensive of course is shipping because the magazine is heavy (no fault of the seller) so the shipping will probably be more than the magazine! But it is nice to know there are people out there who aren't out to rip you off anyway.

There is one good seller on ebay who is not charging the ginormous inflated prices. I think she's selling for the regular cover price in the UK (though I am not positive, but it seems close) I don't think we can put ebay links here, but you can find her if you search that magazine issue. (If you find the auction you can ask the seller if she has any more U2 issues) The thing that is expensive of course is shipping because the magazine is heavy (no fault of the seller) so the shipping will probably be more than the magazine! But it is nice to know there are people out there who aren't out to rip you off anyway.

Yes that is who I bought it off.:up:

I just checked one seller on ebay, who's only charging just under £7,00 for the magazine, and she states that the one with U2 on the cover has alread sold out. :shrug:

Still hoping that my usual newsagents pulls through and I get the one with U2 on the cover, if there's more than one, I'll buy them too! :wink:

I just checked one seller on ebay, who's only charging just under £7,00 for the magazine, and she states that the one with U2 on the cover has alread sold out. :shrug:

Still hoping that my usual newsagents pulls through and I get the one with U2 on the cover, if there's more than one, I'll buy them too! :wink:

Message the seller and ask her. I'm betting she has it. ;)

That copy of GQ is going to be a real collectors item in the years to come as it does seem that there are far fewer copies of that cover than the others :hmm: Probably worth paying above the usual cost of the mag if you can get it :wave:

I emailed GQ and the issue can be ordered as a back order. Unfortnately, they can't guarantee that you can get the cover you want. Still, if you want the magazine anyway, regardless of the cover, that might be the way to go.

We still don't have it here. I'm afraid it won't be the U2 cover after all once the right edition will come out here. It's a rarity, a real collector's item. The thought of so many girls desperatly wanting to get their grip on a men's magazine is hilarious :lol:

We still have the previous issue in one of the bigger stores here. Going to check next month to grab any extra copies if possible for any IF member interested.

I was at the shop looking for the men magazine's (as a 19 year old girl)
And there was a guyreading a magazine blocking the GQ magazine's.
SO I tried to give him the hint to "Feck off" by inching a bit closer to the magazine. But he just wouldn't go away.
Then I just went shopping for some Cd's, and returned. He was still there, so I just grabbed one,
to check if it was the right issue ( not ) and the guy looked at me,
thinking : WTF are you doing with that?

So after just thinking for a while , I replied:
"Uhm yeah, good pics .. Way to good pics for a mens magazine."

We then bursted out laughing.

Back
Top Bottom