Bono's Height-SOLVED!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wait i have a question...someone mentioned that he didn't wear those boots that he wears nowadays but he did wear these then:
85220874.jpg

and didn't someone post a pic of Lola measuring Bono while the rest of U2 were sitting at a table:hmm: was it during this period in time when he wore these boots that she measured him, cuz then he might not be 5'7"??

I still doubt the 5'7" too. I know that his legs are disproportionally short and his inseam is 27-28...but that is my inseam as well, and I'm a touch under 5'3" with short legs as well...

well i dont think he's 5'7" i think hes 5'6.5" a lady on u2.com posted a picture of her and Bono right next to her with his arm around her and she said she's about 5'3" or 4" and thats my sisters height, and im taller than my sister as Bono was taller than the lady from u2.com in her picture. and im 5'6.5" so i think crazy Lola rounded to 5'7" lol

I've met him multiple times. I'm just under 5'7" and he was not shorter than me, so 5'7" sounds perfect. I think inseam on men is measured differently, maybe b/c their pants don't fit so high up in the crotch? My husband is 6'4" and his inseam is the same as mine (I'm 5'6.5"). I've tried on fitted men's bootleg jeans and wear a shorter inseam when it's men's.

I figured that Bono was about 5'7" and he's said himself that he has small feet. Not that any of this matters, but it is something that all of us on PLEBA have tried to figure out before, and now we know! Although I can imagine that Bono (and the other people in the book) would be embarrassed to have this info made public; however, it is twenty years old, so that doesn't seem as bad as it would be if it was current.

Besides, I think the idea of a little Bono is cute. :cute: He wouldn't be the same if he were really tall. Didn't Larry say that Bono is like a terrier?

however, it is twenty years old, so that doesn't seem as bad as it would be if it was current.

Why? Because he has gained weight in the last 20 years? The man is 50. Show me a man his age who has still the measures he had when he was 20. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Except that I still feel these confidential stuff shouldn't be made public.

Why? Because he has gained weight in the last 20 years? The man is 50. Show me a man his age who has still the measures he had when he was 20. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Except that I still feel these confidential stuff shouldn't be made public.

I think you missed the point... just slightly.

If this was a measurement for the clothes (she used to be the stylist for the band) he would not be wearing shoes.

Maybe now all the bizzaro "how tall?" debate can end.

Have you ever met Bono ?

Yes, although not so close to judge height perfectly (he looked way shorter than 5’9” in his shoes, anyway).

To me 5'7" barefoot is pushing it. I'd put my money on him being in the 5'5" - 5'6" region. Otherwise how can we explain pics like this one? http://tinyurl.com/dgady4

Here is Helena Christensen profile: FMD - Profile of fashion model Helena Christensen

Again, I could be wrong, but i think that everyone can express his own opinion ;)

Finally, I don’t really care about Bono’s height: 5’5”, 5’6”, 5’7”…who cares… I (we) love him and U2 music. That’s the important thing.

Bono is a giant inside, as many others have said. :wave:

I'm not saying he should be embarrassed now; I'm saying that exposing such personal info can be embarrassing, but it's not worth worrying about because it's so outdated. You don't have to act like Bono's online bodyguard, by the way.

I'm not saying he should be embarrassed now; I'm saying that exposing such personal info can be embarrassing, but it's not worth worrying about because it's so outdated. You don't have to act like Bono's online bodyguard, by the way.

:)

I don't think Bono's going to be brought down by a thread discussing his measurements circa 1990. I suspect he'll be just fine. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom