new ultra bono shades thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came back from the Oprah taping. No mention of the new Armani's at all. Concentrated on RED campaigne launch. Billy Shriver was there. Kinda cool. Did a duet with Alicia Keys and quickly exited the building.

Okay, i'm going to the Armani store this weekend (this has no effect on what I can get later in months) and I might want to get some Armanis...Does anyone have any Armanis besides the green tint that they like about that color?

Awesome thank you very much!

Can I just keep the silver and not cover it with anything else?

I saw a thing that Bono was in Africa with the pink shades and I just saw silver arms no covering?

as much as it hurt, lol, i pulled the pink arms off, went to the local cheapie store, found some arms i liked, made sure they could be pulled off, stuck em on the armanis--now i wear them all the time-save d the arms in the case of course
so much better--so many of my friends busted me for wearing pink-they said they were paris hilton glasses!

Since they don't appear pink but more red when they are worn out.... No one ever told me anything 'bout the glasses...nor the arms, since my long hair hide them.

not a big dark green fan-that why i sold them to the disiple...i see moonwalker is bidding on the D&G g49 ...awesome pair of glasses

Okay I have just come back from the Armanis store a while ago..

The only thing they had left were the dark green and grayish blueish...

I took both :hyper:

I love to death my dark green..

tpsreports2424 said:
Okay I have just come back from the Armanis store a while ago..

The only thing they had left were the dark green and grayish blueish...

I took both :hyper:

I love to death my dark green..

Post some pics!!!!

Hey badger !

Yeah i'm actually bidding on the g49 2138... wanted to get them sooner, but were too expensive in France at the time, and on eBay too... Hope those ones won't get too high in price !

If it matters to any of ya, I can't possibly recommend ANY of the Elevation-era Bvlgari series.

I had 5 or 6 pairs of these plus two other pairs of Bvlgaris with the same design of arm and how it connects to the lens and they ALL cracked! Now, yes Bvlgari honored me and hooked me up on some new blue ones, but they can't replace the other ones because they are no longer in production. So I'm screwed.

Even the replacements I got (I now only have the blue and orange, the two BEST!! followed by the red of course) if you look closely there are hairline cracks forming where the screws meet the lens. These aren't durable glasses, and I've even tried being more careful with them...to no avail...it's the way the arms open, every time you open them you stress the frikin lens. Bad design, Bvlgari...and to be honest kind of dated. The orange ones are the only ones I wear 'out' now, the blue I reserve for onstage.

As for the Fly glasses claim....badger do you think that guy just might have had his dates mixed up? I'm thinking Philly in May 2005... Im trying to remember....but for some reason I recall him wearing the Flys during The Fly...or maybe I was high...don't ask me why? lol anyways was anyone else there?

In my opinion, by far the best glasses Bono has ever worn for durability, longevity of style, etc, are The Flys (those can still be worn ANYWHERE), the D&Gs, and the current Armanis.

The old Romeo Giglis and the Miklis were VERY durable, but they also weigh a ton.

The other glasses he's worn offstage and you see in one-off photos, I'm sorry, I wouldn't be caught dead in. :lol:

EDIT: I of course appreciate everyone has their own decision to make with respects to what they do with their glasses, but don't you think it's kindof wrong to remove the RED logo? I bought my pairs before RED came out...but if/when I get the avios...I don't think I'll be removing the label...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom