Miscellaneous TV Appearances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miroslava said:
I have official videos from U2.com and a few other places... That is probably the easies thing to find in comparison to some of these files... If you are a member at U2.com, start right clicking and saving! :wink:
I can never do that. It tries to save the files as "HTML only" :huh:

Maje sure you do it with IE... If I try to do it with Mozilla it doesn't work :(

You have to open the video window, once it starts playing, right click anywhere on the video image, select properties and then in the window, you will get the true location of the file... Just copy and paste onto your browser window...

Make sure you are logged in! :wink:

Miroslava said:
Maje sure you do it with IE... If I try to do it with Mozilla it doesn't work :(

You have to open the video window, once it starts playing, right click anywhere on the video image, select properties and then in the window, you will get the true location of the file... Just copy and paste onto your browser window...

Make sure you are logged in! :wink:
Thank you Miroslava!! Stupid Mozilla. :madspit:

Damn it. I hate this. I missed on all this good stuff. Why not make one big torrent out of it or at least post this in a couple of torrents? Why the hell are people still using YSI for sharing files?? It's 2005 when file-sharing is at it's peak and still this forum has not adopted the best file-sharing method.

I suggest to the mods of this site to start their own tracker where we will be able to post torrents. Hell someone would think this site being payable (to fully function) and all this was a given. REM fan site similar to this one is free of charge and they just implemented bittorrent tracker. and it's free did I mention that?

markoajda said:
Damn it. I hate this. I missed on all this good stuff. Why not make one big torrent out of it or at least post this in a couple of torrents? Why the hell are people still using YSI for sharing files?? It's 2005 when file-sharing is at it's peak and still this forum has not adopted the best file-sharing method.

I suggest to the mods of this site to start their own tracker where we will be able to post torrents. Hell someone would think this site being payable (to fully function) and all this was a given. REM fan site similar to this one is free of charge and they just implemented bittorrent tracker. and it's free did I mention that?

Stop bitching dammit!! If you're interested in this thread then come here more often and/or post some things of your own. I do like this thread here and Miroslava who has yet put up most of the video material. So don't complain but be grateful someone is putting thins up at all!!

markoajda said:

We do not promote the illegal sharing of copywritten material and we are not a torrent site. The site I believe you're talking about, murmurs.com, has explicit approval from REM to distribute certain materials via torrent, whereas we do not have such permission from U2 and are not willing to risk the site to do so illegally. There are PLENTY of torrent sites out there, as well as other p2p means specific to U2 fans. We are also explicit about what features are included in our Premium Membership, and a torrent tracker is not one of them.

Elvis said:
We do not promote the illegal sharing of copywritten material and we are not a torrent site. The site I believe you're talking about, murmurs.com, has explicit approval from REM to distribute certain materials via torrent, whereas we do not have such permission from U2 and are not willing to risk the site to do so illegally. There are PLENTY of torrent sites out there, as well as other p2p means specific to U2 fans. We are also explicit about what features are included in our Premium Membership, and a torrent tracker is not one of them.

I see your point but I'm not talking about copywritten material. I'm talking about links (YSI) being offered here. Wouldn't it be easier to share those via bittorrent or ed2k? More users could get them. Or is bittorrent illegal itself?

Anyways I'm sorry for my rant. I am greatful for stuff being shared althought none of it ended on my hard drive. :wink:

markoajda said:

I see your point but I'm not talking about copywritten material. I'm talking about links (YSI) being offered here. Wouldn't it be easier to share those via bittorrent or ed2k? More users could get them. Or is bittorrent illegal itself?

Anyways I'm sorry for my rant. I am greatful for stuff being shared althought none of it ended on my hard drive. :wink:

we actually dont allow actual links to YSI nor most media file types. Using p2p applications to trade copywritten material, commerically released or not, is technically illegal and if we were to support/provide links to that sort of material there are loopholes in the laws that would make us laible. So no, bittorrrent itself is not illegal... however the majority of how it is currently used is.

Hey Elvis... can this thread go on or did everyone that liked my links just got hosed?

:| :| :|

Elvis said:
we actually dont allow actual links to YSI nor most media file types. Using p2p applications to trade copywritten material, commerically released or not, is technically illegal and if we were to support/provide links to that sort of material there are loopholes in the laws that would make us laible. So no, bittorrrent itself is not illegal... however the majority of how it is currently used is.

OK thanks for the clear-up.

markoajda, if you were looking for a particular video in this thread (that's currently an expired link) I'm sure people would be willing to re-upload. :yes:

Nerfherder said:
markoajda, if you were looking for a particular video in this thread (that's currently an expired link) I'm sure people would be willing to re-upload. :yes:

Well yeah I missed on all of them. If someone wants to make a torrent out of all this vids that would be :drool:

In the meantime if someone's got some bandwith to give away...

1988 Grammys - Best Album
1988 Grammys - Best Rock Group
Pavarotti++Friends+1995+-++Miss+Sarajevo++One
K-Mart - Popmart Press Conference

Big thank you if this is indeed reposted..

Awww. Good to see everyone is passing the lovin' :wink:

Took a break from uploading to focus on ticket procurement but should be back with Bono on Larry King Live sometime this week!

:wink:

Alright - here's what I'm gonna do:

In honor of Miroslava I just gotta do this.

I'd mentioned before that years ago a fire destroyed my entire collection of stuff, so I got out of the desire to search it out.

Happened to get a bug one day, found this site, and am now happily collectin some stuff again.

Without Miroslava spending a BOATLOAD of time uploading all these goodies for us slavering derelicts to mooch from, I wouldn't have done so.

Sooooo, that being said, here's what I'm offering.

I've made a DVD out of what I determined to be the highest quality OLD stuff Miroslava posted. None of the new stuff, just the old stuff.

First 5 people who send me an EMAIL I will send you a copy totally free. Not a B&P, just flat out free. All I will need is your address.

Please don't respond here, 'cause I don't wanna clutter up the thread any more than I already have.

Here is what I have put on the disc:

1980 - 11 oclock Tick Tock
03-15-1981 - I Will Follow - Reseda Country Club
1981 - Electric Co
1981 - Fire - Top Of The Pops
09-02-1982 - The Electric Co - Rokslide
1982 - I Will Follow
03-31-1983 - Two Hearts Beat as One - TOTP
08-20-1983 - RockPalast - Mini Concert

Don't be expecting anything super fancy - I suck at this. In fact, this was my first effort at making a DVD.

The menu backround is a really crappy screenshot from the Brooklyn concert and shows Adam and Bono. The menu buttons are this horrid gawd-ugly gi-normous goofy things. And some reason you can't do a chapter selection past chapter 6. Don't ask me, I dunno.

However, it freakin plays, which thrilled me to no end. Running time is right around 1 hour, 3 minutes.

Do NOT ask me to burn more stuff, 'cause 1) I can't afford it, and 2) I need to get out and see the sun occasionally. :wink:

If I get a wild hair, maybe I'll offer some more stuff B&P later on - we will see.

Again, send me an EMAIL. First 5 will get it totally free of charge.
It goes without saying that Miroslava, if you want one, you also get one totally free in addition to 5 others.

I'd love to see someone maybe offer this B&P to others who came in late, but I do not expect it in the least.

This is flat out me just wanting to give something back.

Don't thank me, thank Miroslava for putting in the time to upload the stuff.

Seriously, thanks Miroslava - you rock.

Bingo
Email: mrenandan at yahoo . com
address formatted funky to avoid email harvesters

:drunk: Thanks Bingo... glad everyone is enjoying this thread... it certainly has taken on a life of its own, and that's cool to see!

Thanks for the DVD offer, I think I am all set with my CD-Rs.

Back tomorrow with goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom