MERGED --> Bono Shades Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say green...do you mean the shades that have a green tint or the really dark green ones?

Last edited:
Those definitely have 2 b either the brown ones or the grey ones.

And yes, in one of the 3 or so versions of the One video, the band dressed up in drag.

tpsglick2424 said:
am i the only one who thinks those look brown in that pic!?!?:confused: :confused: :shrug:

No, you're not.

They DO look brown -- but as posted many times in this thread, lighting does some strange things w/ shades.

Those are the greens. There are no transparent brown colored lenses for the EA 9285s. At least, not yet.

Jeesh! When I get home tonight I'll set up the lights and backdrops and do a photoshoot to take some pics of the glasses to prove that they are, once and for all, indeed green.

:lol:

its like the pink glasses, the pic on that website, they are pink.
but in real life they're like reddish pink, alot darker than the photos.

Then all those months and months of planning for Operation:Not Actually Green Lenses has been...for nothing...:|

soundmercury said:

No, you're not.

They DO look brown -- but as posted many times in this thread, lighting does some strange things w/ shades.

Those are the greens. There are no transparent brown colored lenses for the EA 9285s. At least, not yet.

Im not saying they're brown I just thought they looked brown..

Jeesh! When I get home tonight I'll set up the lights and backdrops and do a photoshoot to take some pics of the glasses to prove that they are, once and for all, indeed green.

Thank you!

there was a pair of yellow miklis up on ebay last week...but i know a real die hard fan in mexico that swiped em up ;)
those glasses in the kmart interview may be by diesel.....dont qoute me on that though

Can any one tell me where to find the sunglasses Bono wore on the Zoo TV tour Hershey Stadium rehearsal with the red leather fly suit? I saw the sides of those glasses but I can't see what they really look like..They are black lenses and red sides of the glasses...

795e936d.jpg

Small.jpg

Who knows these sunglasses? The two photos were taken in August.

he bottom pict ie either 610 or most likely 519 flash grey bvlgari with the custom "b" on the side
dont know what the first pict is....not very flattering anyway..

thebadger said:
he bottom pict ie either 610 or most likely 519 flash grey bvlgari with the custom "b" on the side
dont know what the first pict is....not very flattering anyway..

Are you sure?

shop_422.jpg

U2mart says that this is the 519 but there is no 'B' on the side.

QIL6L.jpg

I think that it is this model. There's also a 'B' on the side.

So there is a special version of the Bvlgari 519 with a B on the side?

Last edited:
Bulgari gave Bono 2-3 519's.They were custom. They were custom because the ones we could by has the sides that have a square. The one bulgari gave Bono had the B on the sides of the glasses...

Does any one have a site they could post that sells bulgari 611 or 519 that has the colors brown or red,etc. When I go to sites I only see blue..:(

tpsglick2424 said:
Bulgari gave Bono 2-3 519's.They were custom. They were custom because the ones we could by has the sides that have a square. The one bulgari gave Bono had the B on the sides of the glasses...

Does any one have a site they could post that sells bulgari 611 or 519 that has the colors brown or red,etc. When I go to sites I only see blue..:(

That's the million dollar question. If anyone finds a place that sells the 519s or 611s in any color other than blue, don't be shy about sharing it.

every once in awhile they pop up on ebay-a few pages back there is a japanes site that hase some 610,519 ,611 in stock in different colors...problem is translating the site. i tried and gave up, it bacame a nightmare

There used to be site called sunglass design...It was up for a while but a month ago when I wanted to buy a few pairs from that site, the site went down or the bulgari page for that site went down.:(
they had like 10 diferent colors of the 519's...:(...I was too late... :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom