When did Bono record "Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes" ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tribute to Jimmie Rogers album came out in 1997. It doesn't sound like POP era Bono, but I suppose it could be. I always assumed it was recorded during ZOO TV just judging from the quality of Bono's voice.

The tribute to Jimmie Rogers album came out in 1997. It doesn't sound like POP era Bono, but I suppose it could be. I always assumed it was recorded during ZOO TV just judging from the quality of Bono's voice.

Thanks, I am going to look for this album on CD. I agree that his voice definitely sounds pre-Pop. Love it regardless :heart:

I would say possibly that he laid down the vocals sometime in late '95 if the album was originally scheduled for a early '96 release but was pushed back according to these notes:
LINER NOTES
Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes: Produced by Paul Barrett and Bono. Mixed and recorded by Louise McCormick and Paul Barrett at STS, Dublin. Engineered by Louise McCormick. Bono: Vocals, electric guitar, electric bass. Paul Barrett: Piano, synthesizer, strings arrangement. Larry Mullen Jr: Drums, tambourine. Mircea Petcu, Elizabeth McNally: Violins. Tommy Kane: Viola. David James: Cello.
OTHER NOTES
This 1997 album was a project put together by Bob Dylan to pay tribute to the work of Jimmie Rodgers. The album was delayed several times, and had originally been scheduled for an early 1996 release but instead came out in mid-1997.
The track "Dreaming With Tears in My Eyes" is credited solely to Bono on the back of the release, but upon examination of the liner notes, you find that Larry Mullen also participated on percussion on this track, which was recorded in STS Studios in Dublin.

I would say possibly that he laid down the vocals sometime in late '95 if the album was originally scheduled for a early '96 release but was pushed back according to these notes:
LINER NOTES
Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes: Produced by Paul Barrett and Bono. Mixed and recorded by Louise McCormick and Paul Barrett at STS, Dublin. Engineered by Louise McCormick. Bono: Vocals, electric guitar, electric bass. Paul Barrett: Piano, synthesizer, strings arrangement. Larry Mullen Jr: Drums, tambourine. Mircea Petcu, Elizabeth McNally: Violins. Tommy Kane: Viola. David James: Cello.
OTHER NOTES
This 1997 album was a project put together by Bob Dylan to pay tribute to the work of Jimmie Rodgers. The album was delayed several times, and had originally been scheduled for an early 1996 release but instead came out in mid-1997.
The track "Dreaming With Tears in My Eyes" is credited solely to Bono on the back of the release, but upon examination of the liner notes, you find that Larry Mullen also participated on percussion on this track, which was recorded in STS Studios in Dublin.

Thank you David for the extra information :) I appreciate it.

It sounds like Passengers Bono so yes this would fit with that time period mentioned by David.

Back
Top Bottom