what u2 song do you (legitimately!!) wish you could hear live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How sweet that would be - but it's my understanding that they've played EPAA once live. Doesn't sound very realistic to me.

Nah, it was just a slowed-down version of A Sort of Homecoming with Bono all drunk and mumbly over it.

:wink:

Bad
Unforgettable Fire
The Fly
Bullet the Blue Sky
Please
The Electric Co
Stay (Faraway,So Close)
Gloria
Stand by me (I know it's not theirs)
Desire
Ultraviolet
Love is Blindness

LemonMelon said:
Gone. I mean, fucking really, why drop it in the first place?
The suit of lights reference was almost too obvious last tour.

I'm aware of that, but one or two lines from a song means that they played it live? Don't think so.

I'm sure you know a snippet isn't necessarily one or two lines. It would be a whole minute for all we know, especially with Bad.

In my books, that counts as being played live. Of course it's not the whole thing, but the fact that it has zero plays otherwise and has never been snippeted otherwise is enough to count its one mention in all of their shows as highly significant.

It used to be The Fly, until they added it to the 360 setlist later on. Now, it's probably either Bad, A Sort of Homecoming, Lemon, or anything from Pop.

I'm sure you know a snippet isn't necessarily one or two lines. It would be a whole minute for all we know, especially with Bad.

In my books, that counts as being played live. Of course it's not the whole thing, but the fact that it has zero plays otherwise and has never been snippeted otherwise is enough to count its one mention in all of their shows as highly significant.
What would a snippet of EPAA entail, Bono mumbling some? I doubt that would go on for a minute. It's not like the band would've played any of the music, considering it's ASOH slowed down.

What would a snippet of EPAA entail, Bono mumbling some? I doubt that would go on for a minute. It's not like the band would've played any of the music, considering it's ASOH slowed down.

It's A Sort of Homecoming's backing tracks slowed down. That could easily be 'played' live as a backing track.

As for Bono 'mumbling', I'm not sure what you're after. It could've very well been a single snippited verse, but I don't see what stops it from being a whole minute.

I have that bootleg ..... will try to summon the effort to unearth it and give it a listen.

I'm aware of that, but one or two lines from a song means that they played it live? Don't think so.

Well, I see all those posted set lists saying the band played "Independent Woman Part II", "Two Tribes", and so on. So apparently some fans seem to think it counts! :lol:

I downloaded the bootleg and I'm currently uploading the performance to YouTube

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLdIl3O4oAQ

Fairly extensive snippet, towards the end (after the final wide awakes). Also, it's a pretty amazing performance of Bad altogether.

Thank you, very much. So the snippet isn't too crazy and certainly doesn't come close to 'playing the song' it looks like.

Regardless, both of those songs are incredibly valuable to me. For what's been a real crap day, something so small just made my day. I appreciate it.

I kinda think that one or two lines ("and the rain beats down, and the rain keeps on coming down") don't make for an extensive snippet.

I wouldn't even notice it if not for Axver's diligence. :D First I didn't even hear it, I thought it was Bono messing with The Beatles' Rain a bit, something that he likes to do more often.

They really threw out the baby with the bathwater when it comes to Pop. Yeah, I get that not all of it clicked live and that the album isn't one of U2's better sellers, but they would be foolish not to notice how well Gone and Please translate live. Mofo and Last Night On Earth too.

Discotheque has had a weird live history, but I think they were onto something on Vertigo.

pop's amazing. the only reason i didn't include any pop songs in my list is because i've already heard nine songs live - the most of any u2 album, actually. :gloat:

Yeah, reading this thread I keep thinking "I'm so happy I got to see them on Popmart!" ha.

LemonMelon said:
Discotheque has had a weird live history, but I think they were onto something on Vertigo.
Yes. The Vertigo version wasn't perfect (I felt it was a bit repetitive in places), but with some tweaking (and by that, i mean very minimal tweaking), Discotheque could quickly become a star of any U2 show.

Back
Top Bottom