U2's best live moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MOFO at the MTV awards (I think)....:drool:

by the way, it was the first time I heard the above version of One Tree Hill in Dublin, holy.... it's unreal...:heart:

as others have said there are way too many moments. kite from slane is pretty emotional. bono just nails the "im a man" part. tremendous:drool:

wow first time I had seen both the One and Please videos. Absolutely brilliant work. Makes me appreciate Please even more than I already had before. The Mofo and One Tree Hill videos are unbelievable as well.

Kite in Sydney is excellent as well as Slane.

Dancing Queen is a great pick as well.

The best performance of Beautiful Day I have seen was the recent Letterman show. It might not rank up there with the best of the best live moments but it got me absolutely jacked for the tour and the possibility they can still put off excellence.

Too many to list but I like everything posted here.

Of what I see above, Streets and OTH from Point Depot, Ultraviolet from DC and RTSS-Streets Sydney stand out the most.

Props for including Surrender from Red Rocks, can we add SBS from that show?

MLK/Streets super bowl was beyond amazing.

Loved Bad and Kite from Vertigo leg 5.

WOWY from R&H.

Desire from Lovetown and with the Mirrorball man.

Zoo Station from Sydney

The best if I had a gun to my head: Love is Blindness/Cant help falling in Love- Sydney.
My grandfather is 82 yrs old and is an ENORMOUS Elvis fan. He says this U2 cover at the end of Zoo TV shows was hands down the best non Elvis performance ever of the song.

My vote would be either Streets from Dec 26th 1989 or Bad from Jan 10th 1990. Bono sings like he is possessed in that version of Streets. And in that version of Bad the way Bono screams 'all I want is you' as Edge goes into his solo is incredible.

My favorite U2 performance of all time is Bad from the Boston DVD. I think it's just phenomenal. For a moment in general, I love the ending of One, with Edge's guitar and the extra "Hear us coming" verse.

YouTube - U2 Bad Live

Ohh...here is when my heart-beat increases so damn crazily:heart::heart:

This Bad performance was.. really... touching!! uh.... As you mentioned: phenomenal !!

My vote would be either Streets from Dec 26th 1989 or Bad from Jan 10th 1990. Bono sings like he is possessed in that version of Streets. And in that version of Bad the way Bono screams 'all I want is you' as Edge goes into his solo is incredible.

I absolutely agree...26-12-1989 might be their best show ever:drool:

I actually love watching them sing and play '40' on the Chicago DVD, because you can just see how touched they are emotionally. its like they all leave the stage one by one content.

its awesome that Larry left last for a change! :hyper::applaud:

Kite from Sydney is a favorite for me at the moment,

But there are loads i could mention.

oh yea, I too have to say Bono - Zoo TV and the harmonica with Running to Stand Still changing to Streets

anytime I watch that, yes the smoke, the lights going out, that heavy sound in the background as he walks back up to the main stage, I too feel the hairs on my neck stand up, its a huge electrifying moment! :up::up::up: - totally charged crowd atmosphere at that point.

okay so I aint been lucky with seeing U2 live, but when we all watched PopMart up here, when the Lemon came out towards the crowd before opening up for Discotheque, it seemed a great cheery crowd moment :happy:

U2 at Slane, the way Bono sings at the end of All I Want Is You, as it moves onto Streets, his voice is so strong and amazing! :up: WOW!

From the top off my head:

Elevation - Brazil, Feb 21, 2006
Kite - Window In the Skies single
The Fly - Boston DVD
All I Want Is You/Streets - Go Home DVD
Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car - Sydney DVD
Bullet the Blue Sky - Brazil, Jan 31, 1998

i couldn't help notice bono's voice in a lot of the joshua tree era live performances sound very "throaty."

he didn't sound that way on live under a blood red sky, nor did he he on the jt album... anyways, he definitely changed his vocal technique somewhere in the nineties. for the better imo. anyways, enjoy this gem!

YouTube - U2 Miss Sarajevo LIVE Milan

Out of Control from Slane...especially after the bridge/talking bit, the one decent camera shot Hamish has ever done, the sweeping crane as the final verse kicks in and you see the entire f'ing crowd bouncing up and down.

Bullet from the ZooTV promotional Outside Broadcast video (don't actually have the video, just an rip of the audio)...not sure I've ever heard the song more angry, or with more teeth...Edge just destroys it, like he can barely wait for Bono to finish the damn verses so he can blow his speakers up during the solo...

And I'd forgotten how good the MTV Please performance was...I remember it vividly when I first saw it...it was the peak of crap teen pop, between early Brittany, Nsync, I think some of those college-bouncing-beach happy bands (Smashmouth, etc.)...and in the midst of it, out walk U2, very little hype (given the mid-Pop doldrums), and I'm honestly not sure that the crowd there that night knew what to make of it...real adults walking on stage and reminding them just what rock can actually do to you...I was watching it with my younger sister and some of her friends, and given everything they were in to at the time--and especially having just watched an hour or so of the typical pop-crap show already--they looked almost uncomfortable, like they were embarassed at just how different and powerful it is when a real rock band gets up there and kills it. Like folks used to Big Macs suddenly presented with a personally-made Thomas Keller menu...overwhelm to the point of confusion. Me, on the other hand...still one of my favorite moments of theirs.

1. Gone -Popmart I love the opening where edge does a scissor kick jump and bono yells, "Huanch".
2. Out of Control -Slane Love the whole, "Father, I need to borrow 100 pound" -that whole monologue brought a tear to my eye.
3. EXIT -Rattle & Hum I saw R&H in the theatre the first two nights it was out. The second night there was only a few people in the theatre and they were all sitting infront of me, and I was on my feet jammin to Exit.
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday -R&H Beyond the heart-felt monologue, I love that he got so emotional, his voice cracked.
5. U23D -ALL OF IT -especially how they went from SBS to Bullet, Love & Peace when bono plays the drum w/ the COEXIST headband, and I love that part when the music stalls (currently can't remember which song -somebody help me here) and the camera zooms right into bono's face -I felt like I was invading his personal space. That movie was awesome!

Back
Top Bottom