U2 Wedding Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topplehatU2

Refugee
Welp, I'm getting married next month and am looking to U2 up my playlists for the ceremony/reception. I'm not sure where I can stick them, I'd really like to have them as the first dance, but a lot of U2 songs just aren't suited for that.

"In a Little While" is my favorite song though, so I might try to convince the to-be wife to let us use that one as the first dance.

Any suggestions?

My friend had All I Want is You for her first dance, which was amazing, but she stole my idea lol.

My friend had All I Want is You for her first dance, which was amazing, but she stole my idea lol.

I just can't see anything but All I Want Is You as a U2 song for a first dance.

Bono has said himself that many songs that some may think are love/happy songs suited to say, a wedding(One comes to mind) are not in any intended like that.

Combine that with the thread a few months back on the lack of good U2 songs to dance to(not talking about at shows with thousands of other fanatics) at occasions like parties or weddings, and there is the answer for anyone here who was wondering(myself included) why U2 seems to pop up extremely rarely at such events.

Still, my ideal 1st dance song would easily be All I Want Is You.

The First Time is a good song for when you truly get serious and fall in love with someone , though. Like, after years of dead end or no relationships, you finally find someone and its just after that magical date or whatever. Thats what The First Time has always represented to me.

Just whatever you do, do NOT pick WOWY or One if you want to stay married happily ever after. Those two are often picked but totally NOT suited for a wedding if you listen to the lyrics.

AIWIY still seems to be the best pick to me.

:giggle: What about DYFL?

Serious suggestions:
Love Is Blindness
A Man And A Woman
Heartland

Because of the titles:
Two Hearts Beat As One
Always Forever Now

If you want to get in trouble:
Father Is An Elephant
Big Girls Are Best
Last Night On Earth

Best U2 Song for Wedding?

Hey Interference friends.

I'm getting married in 10 days - Oct 23! - and I need to figure out what song we will use for the First Dance. Obviously, I'd love for it to be a U2 song, but I'm struggling to find one that really works. Any suggestions? It can be a non-U2 song too that you've seen work well.

Thanks...

Hey Interference friends.

I'm getting married in 10 days - Oct 23! - and I need to figure out what song we will use for the First Dance. Obviously, I'd love for it to be a U2 song, but I'm struggling to find one that really works. Any suggestions? It can be a non-U2 song too that you've seen work well.

Thanks...

Well, Edge says the intro for Where The Streets Have No Name is a waltz beat ;) 6/8 timing, which is something like a double-waltz tempo (3/4 x 2?) right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBJ7rYDJYY8

Seriously though, congratulations to you! I wish I could help, but I guess in the end it's up to the two of you to decide:wave: :)

Right when the DJ announces its time for the 1st dance. Cue up Ultraviolet:

-Lights go off (hear gasp from audience)
-Intro begins (synth, "Sometimes...)
-You bust thru the door with a LED jacket as soon as the beat begins
-Then both start dancing with a mirrorball, fog machine, and the struggle Bono dance!!

Ok maybe not.

IALW could work if you really like that song. Would really work as a closer for the night.

IALW could work if you really like that song. Would really work as a closer for the night.

As long as you don't have other guests who are big U2 fans and have been following the tour, and are aggravated that song is still in the show.

They might all let out a loud groan, roll their eyes, and go take a bathroom break. :wink:

Mirrorball is my current imaginary "first dance" song for my imaginary wedding.

So gorgeous, beautiful lyrics.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Slow Dancing yet. Beautiful song and very fitting for the slower, more intimate dancing on the wedding. :drool: :cute:

As long as you don't have other guests who are big U2 fans and have been following the tour, and are aggravated that song is still in the show.

They might all let out a loud groan, roll their eyes, and go take a bathroom break. :wink:

:wink: He better not invite me and Rose then.

Don't forget to skip the song after Mirrorbal. If you're playing 'Grounds of Divorce' on your imaginary wedding, your marriage will be imaginary to :wink: (imarriaginary!)

Ontopic: Does Hawkmoon 269 have the appropriate meaning to play on a wedding?

Sounds like we'd make the perfect couple, :sexywink:.

Seriously though, I never meet women that share much of my musical taste, which is quite annoying when one is a songwriter/composer and music is a big part of your life.

Right when the DJ announces its time for the 1st dance. Cue up Ultraviolet:

-Lights go off (hear gasp from audience)
-Intro begins (synth, "Sometimes...)
-You bust thru the door with a LED jacket as soon as the beat begins
-Then both start dancing with a mirrorball, fog machine, and the struggle Bono dance!!

Ok maybe not.

That'd be a heck of a youtube video though, haha. :lol:

I guess the closest ones could be AIWIY (short version) or IALW though. The music and overall ambience could be most-suited for a wedding out of their whole catalog.

I think I mentioned in another thread that North Star sort of reminded me of a song that could be used at a wedding too. Might have to wait for the studio version on that one though!

Back
Top Bottom