U2 Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan reported dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no... too bad... Dennis has had quite the life managing Led Zep and U2 RIP:sad:

Very sad. I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been any official word from the band on this. I imagine they will do something to honor him at the upcoming show(s)...

TMZ's saying he passed at 5:30 Pacific time this morning, so I wonder if many in the band's circle even knew about what happened by the time this started breaking? This all would have happened less than four hours ago then.

I'm assuming it was Pacific time anyway, based off the TMZ article.

God Bless Dennis Sheehan!

Here is a video of Dennis Sheehan briefly discussing his career. He met U2 in 1982 when the band were looking for a tour manager before the release of WAR album. He has been U2's tour manager on every tour from the WAR Tour to today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h5PejfleA8

God Bless Dennis, his family and friends!

"We've lost a family member, we're still taking it in. He wasn't just a legend in the music business, he was a legend in our band. He is irreplaceable." Bono
- "With profound sadness we confirm that Dennis Sheehan, U2's longstanding tour manager and dear friend to us all, has passed away overnight. Our heartfelt sympathy is with his wonderful family." Arthur Fogel, CEO Global Touring, Chairman Global Music Live Nation Global Touring

Well shite, the guy upstairs really doesn't want this tour eh?

With Bono smashing his face and arm, then Larry's dad right before opening night and now this? Damn. Rough times for the everyone in the U2 camp. :(

Unfortunately that`s how things go...often a run of bad luck/deaths. Lets hope this is the third and final one. Who will take over as tour manager? It must be a big loss to the band and really hitting their confidence...Paul McG not being on the road with them as band manager, now their tour manager gone :sad:

However....we all know that if any band can turn around, survive and put on a blistering show in the face of adversity it is U2 :applaud: Its times like this that they often do their best work :bow:

U2 Tour Manager Death: Forum Show Will Not Be Impacted | Billboard

Following news that U2's longtime tour manager, Dennis Sheehan, was found dead Wednesday morning (May 27), sources confirmed to Billboard that his tragic death will not have an impact on the band's current Innocence + Experience tour.

Most immediately, Wednesday night's show at The Forum in Los Angeles will proceed without postponement or delay -- but not without a nod to Sheehan's impact on the band. U2 is planning a tribute to Sheehan at the show, according to a source: "Dennis was the heart and soul of the organization."

Tour personnel changes are currently being sorted out in the midst of Sheehan's unexpected death.

R.I.P. Dennis. I met him once a true gent. He has walked U2 onto stage on every tour going back to Red Rocks... they must be devastated.

The band has had a really tough couple of months and lost a few from their inner circle, this news is terrible and surely comes as a shock for the band. I'm sure he will be very much missed every day, whenever this band goes out on stage to perform.

So sad :sad:

Back
Top Bottom