U2 themed tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been thinking of getting a tattoo that says :One Love One Blood One Life, with a little clover beside it. What do you guys think? Where should I put it?

I think it sounds nice. Maybe at the ankle or behind the shoulder? :hmm:

(though I don't know how many people get written word tattoos at the ankle where they would be harder to see, so maybe the upper back behind the shoulder then.)

i`m more of a reader down here then a poster, but cool tats everyone.
i have about 12 and this is my first U2 related tat,
after 30 years of being a fan i decided it was time and finally knew what i wanted

IMG_1348.jpg

I think it sounds nice. Maybe at the ankle or behind the shoulder? :hmm:

(though I don't know how many people get written word tattoos at the ankle where they would be harder to see, so maybe the upper back behind the shoulder then.)

Yeah I would get it on my upper back somewhere.

i`m more of a reader down here then a poster, but cool tats everyone.
i have about 12 and this is my first U2 related tat,
after 30 years of being a fan i decided it was time and finally knew what i wanted

IMG_1348.jpg

Sweet! :up:

:love: The tattoos in this thread are inspiring...
Each and every one shows something about the person. I love seeing the uniqueness of each tattoo. Finally got a music note done on my ankle this summer and I love it, only problem is now I want more.

In another thread posted in here there was a picture of a tattoo with
"Blessings are not just for the ones who kneel" ...luckily :heart: Love it!!!

tattoos are definately addicting ;)
and all of mine have a special meaning to me and i never regretted having them.

how much it hurts depends on where you get the tattoo. i'm sure it goes without saying but when it's tattooed on bone where there isn't much fat, it fucking hurts!

however, the two tattoos i have on the inside of my wrists didn't hurt at all. as soon as i have the cash, i want to start on a half sleeve (not u2 related though). i wonder how much that'll hurt :hmm:

I just realized I posted this in the other non-u2 tattoo thread but it should be here :hmm:

Did this a few weeks ago.
(quoting myself)

I've had a thing about stars forever and pretty much always knew I wanted a star on my wrist, so I combined that with my U2 love. :) (Did it today. It was pretty cool because as soon as we started, the radio station they had on played Until the End of the World. Even the artist was like :ohmy: wow )

101_1668-2.jpg

I also have a small heart patterned after the HTDAAB artwork heart on the back of my shoulder. It sort of looks like the heart tattoo that appears on Bono in the Original of the Species video.

Neither one hurt much at all, but I remember waaay back when I got a second piercing in my ear I about went thru the roof.

Do they hurt that bad? I'm not a person that normally has a problem with needles. I wanna get mine in the middle of my upper back. Is that spot really painful?

I always found it depends on where you get it.
I have six total, ALL four of the ones on my leg hurt like hell. The two U2 ones I have probably hurt the most, as they are right on my shin.

I also have two on my upper arms, I really didn't feel a thing when those where done.

I had a friend who got one done on her upper back, the girl was in tears the whole time.

Do they hurt that bad? I'm not a person that normally has a problem with needles. I wanna get mine in the middle of my upper back. Is that spot really painful?

for me it was, but i am having back problems all my life and my nerves are acting up like crazy then, but it was worth it.

the one that hurt the most was on my foot.

but arms are not painful at all.

tattoos are definately addicting ;)
and all of mine have a special meaning to me and i never regretted having them.

That is what I have always heard (they are addicting) once you get one tattoo you will want more... Definatley the truth. It took me so many years to finally be less of a chicken and just get one and now I am thinking about what I want my next one to be. I agree having meaning makes them all that more special.

As far as it hurting I was a big chicken because I thought it would hurt like hell, but it really wasn't bad at all.

I'd love to get one of the GOYB butterfies on my 18th birthday,
Ive got a year or so yet, so not thinking about the pain too much, haha, i think i'll be okay, ive got 7 piercings....so my threshold is O.K lol:lol:

Gorgeous tattoos everyone btw. :up:

I've considered that one too :) I think I posted pics earlier in this thread but no time to go back and look. I think it would make a great tattoo. And for me, piercings hurt way more :crack:

^^ yeah, you can just look at some images and you can tell they would translate well as a tattoo. And Lol, well Iv'e never had a tattoo, so I shall see , I don't think piercings hurt, so I hope it doesnt hurt too much :lol:

^ Yeah I found a lot of the tattoos inspirational in this thread too. :up:

I've been mulling another tat, and this thread is providing much inspiration. I want to do something to commemorate my Dad and have been thinking of some ATYCLB stuff as that album helped get me through the grief.
:hmm:

Fancy seeing you here, bb. I'm labellavitaaaa on ONTD. :wave:
I'm sorry to hear about your father.

Back
Top Bottom