U2: Letterman's House Band for a FULL WEEK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crap, don't think I'll be recovered enough by then to do any long waits outside the Ed Sullivan Theatre, but I did put in for tix online, should I get *really* lucky then I think I can manage going if I have tix in hand. :D

Okay, I've postponed the move and I'm taking a day off from work to go up to Letterman's theater.

I must be out of my mind. Or I desperately need a life!!!

I don't know... isn't stuff like this what makes life fun and interesting and enjoyable and rewarding? Isn't that the essence of life?

Moving, working, paying bills, school - important aspects of life, but not exactly moments you'll remember.

So go ahead and have fun! :applaud:

The only day I can't go is Monday. I have work all day. Wednesday I can go after work and I get done at 1:30 and it is and hour and a half train ride. I can get there hopefully by 4:30.

what day though? He tapes two shows a day doesn't he?

I don't think so?? I'll try and find out from my friend....I only have one personal day to take by the end of March and it is oh so convienient thats when they'll be here. I will go any day I can get a ticket or I will maybe just go down on Friday and take a 3 day weekend, can you do Friday?

I don't think so?? I'll try and find out from my friend....I only have one personal day to take by the end of March and it is oh so convienient thats when they'll be here. I will go any day I can get a ticket or I will maybe just go down on Friday and take a 3 day weekend, can you do Friday?

actually that is the day I was thinking of.

I'm planning to try to get in for Monday. I scanned the thread (and apologies if I missed it) but what time do people suggest arriving at the Ed Sullivan Theater in order to get standby tickets?

Thank you! Woo-hooo!!!!!

I believe it's one show on Mon, Tue, Wed - two on Thu.

MSU2mike is correct, they record two shows on Thursday, one for that night and one for Friday night. There is no show recorded on Friday. Dave gets a three day weekend every week.

So Thursday afternoons show would maximize your U2 bang for the buck.

Plus everyone putting in for tix. If I don't I'll go up the morning of the shows and try my chances there or just try to meet them outside. I got 5 days of trying one of them is bound to happen.

the morning is for stand by tixs?

when I saw them outside of Letterman in 2001 (?) the crowd was there around 4:30- I think they had gone in already, They came out around?? 7 - 8P ish? It was dark and the MTV trucks had Adam & Larry all lit up in back-lights from where i was (crowd) .

Okay, I've postponed the move and I'm taking a day off from work to go up to Letterman's theater.
I must be out of my mind. Or I desperately need a life!!!

well :giggle: you are going to have a new life with a new home *congrats!!!*
I'll look for you. :D :wave:
My thoughts exactly. Except I have plans on Thursday that I can't get out of. At least there are 4 other days!!!! :hyper:

Hope I see you :hug:
...Laura started a Letterman meet-up thread in Interference Gatherings... :D

I found out from a friend that it is around 4:30. I'm going to get there real early though, probably around 3.

What do you think they will play each day?

Here's mine

Day 1: GOYB
Day 2: Magnificent
Day 3: I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
Day 4: Breathe
Day 5: WTSHNN

What's your prediction? :wave:

i don't really see them playing more than two songs a night. there's still going to be actual guests to interview. though given their track record this decade i'm sure the studio audience will get more than the TV viewer.

i don't really see them playing more than two songs a night. there's still going to be actual guests to interview. though given their track record this decade i'm sure the studio audience will get more than the TV viewer.

You're right about the studio audience, songs are played during the commercials. But they should't do that too us.:sad:
Maybe they'll play the back catalogue (which I would love to hear, too) and save the new stuff for the viewers. :hyper:

Just thought about the guest and what they must be thinking. U2 as the guest band. f'ing allright!!:hyper:

Anyone know if this will be streaming on any websites for us in the UK? Or is it a case of someone kindly posting it on Youtube?

Anyone been awarded tickets yet? I requested at the end of last week, hoping to hear from them. I might get screwed over when they ask me a question about the show before offering the tickets, I really don't watch it...:reject:

Anyone been awarded tickets yet? I requested at the end of last week, hoping to hear from them. I might get screwed over when they ask me a question about the show before offering the tickets, I really don't watch it...:reject:

they can contact you any time between now and within 2 days of the show or something. i wouldn't sweat it.

Back
Top Bottom