U2 Dream Alert: 2012 ZOO TV: THE SEQUEL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
(This is evidence that I need more to think about, like kids or something.)

My dream last night was that after the 2011 360 tour ended in Dublin, U2 released their "Club Album" in November 2011, on the back of the highly successful "Danger Mouse Album", released earlier that year. The club album was similar in theme and feel to Achtung Baby, and the band went on tour in 2012 with a 20th anniversary Zoo TV tour. This was not simply a nostalgic tour revisited. It was the same stage, updated to fit in with modern times, focusing on modern events, and the internet replacing the television theme. The setlist featured songs released after 1993, but nothing from Zooropa, Pop or NLOTH. The tour played in mostly arenas (after 2009-2011's global stadium saturation), and was a huge success.

Then I woke up, and was sad that it wasn't really going to happen. Then I realized what a loser I was for having that dream, and had breakfast with my wife.

A lot better than my usual dreams of my teeth falling out, being naked at school assembly, ghosts in the attic etc.

I hope your dream comes true, it would be perfect.

You know, I've always thought an updated Zoo TV focusing on the Internet could work pretty well (ZooTube?) Make it so, U2.
Also, I really wouldn't object to two U2 albums in the same calendar year. :drool:

I can already imagine the bitching about U2 doing the same thing twice.
Still, great dream.

I can already imagine the bitching about U2 doing the same thing twice.
Still, great dream.
Remember, it's Interference. Any bitching about U2 doing the same thing twice would easily be canceled out by our obsessive love of the nineties. :wink:

I remember in the dream justifying the tour's existence b/c of Roger Waters' current re-incarnation of the Wall tour.

I also remember that even though it was not the identical setlist of Zoo TV, the show did begin with "Zoo Station" and "The Fly". Then again, it was my dream, so I could have chosen any opening song I wanted!

I remember in the dream justifying the tour's existence b/c of Roger Waters' current re-incarnation of the Wall tour.

I also remember that even though it was not the identical setlist of Zoo TV, the show did begin with "Zoo Station" and "The Fly". Then again, it was my dream, so I could have chosen any opening song I wanted!
All right, just for the hell of it, let's do a dream setlist for a (literal) dream tour:
0) "Remixed" version of the classic opening, with snippets of Soon and Stingray incorporated into the static
1) Zoo Station
2) The Fly
3) Even Better Than The Real Thing
4) Mysterious Ways
5) One
6) Until The End Of The World
7) Magnificent
8) GOYB
9) Beautiful Day
(B-Stage)
10) Staring At The Sun
11) North Star (rotate with Your Blue Room)
12) Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
(Main Stage)
13) The Unforgettable Fire
14) City Of Blinding Lights
15) Vertigo
16) Mofo
17) Running To Stand Still
18) Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore:
19) Ultraviolet
20) Crazy Remix
21) Kite (rotate with Bad)