U2 Catalog: Take the Survey!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just popping in to say how much I am loving this project. Discovery so far: I like Bomb more than I thought I did!

This is fun, haven't listened to some of these tracks in ages. Neat to see if my opinion has changed on any of them.

... not so fast, Big Girls Are the Best.

i've discovered that i rated some of the songs from the early albums far too highly now that i've gotten up to TUF and had to go back and re-adjust a bunch of my ratings.

it'll be interesting to see how many total points each of the albums get in the end.

I'm on a Mac. Everything is really tiny, and when I type, it comes out in Wingdings.
And I'm not very familiar with Google Docs. If I do finish this thing, what do I do with it? Email it to you?

Edit: Why is it in a size 1 font and magnified 1000%?!

Edit Again: It gave me the Rainbow Pinwheel of Death and I had to Force Quit.

Last edited:
[emoji853] did aaaaanyone read the rules of the survey? The first bullet point! Rawrrrrr I hate google sheets. It's haunting me.

I told you people don't read.

Anyway, I want to listen through a fair chunk of the band's discography before rating, so I might take my time on this.

This exercise has confirmed to me that I don't like their pre-Boy stuff very much at all.

I know you said nothing could be changed unless something catastrophic happened, and I know this probably doesn't qualify as such, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that 'One Minute Warning' seems to missing from the spreadsheet. All the other Passengers tracks are there, but not that one. Don't know if anyone else has noticed.

That's incredibly strange... I went album by album control+f'ing to make sure I had all album content. This one bugs me a bit, but again, I can't guarantee or chase 40+ surveys.

I'll note this in any conclusions as erroneously missing.

Damn, One Minute Warning is a favourite of mine on Passengers.

My husband and are debating whether there are any U2 fans who dislike Streets. I say no or a minuscule number. He thinks there are many (it's his favorite, so he's my one). Thoughts?

We have until the 20th to finish this and send it in, correct? This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. haha

We have until the 20th to finish this and send it in, correct? This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. haha

Indeed. You have until at least December 20th, but this is a soft deadline pending completion percentage. So far, surveys are trickling in slowly but surely, so it's entirely possible that December 20th could be the deadline or not. I will update everyone soon.

Sorry to be a pain. Am ready to start filling this in and ... I don't have Excel. And you hate google sheets... Can I even load this thing in googlesheets?
Suggestions?

However, Office Online, Google Sheets, Open Office... all possibilities for you to save a .xlsx file if you have no other opportunities or means of doing so. The most important thing is that I have your submission in an individual file with data for each song in a comma separated value file extension that can be copied and pasted into my master sheet.

Is a Numbers (MacBook) file not okay? I just wanted to know if I need to do the conversion legwork or not. I want to make this as easy on you as I can.

I'm almost done with this. Question though - next to North Star, it says "Collaboration (Single)". I thought this was a live only song? What is this referring to? The little minute-and-a-half studio snippet that was used in the Transformers movie? Is there a full studio version that I'm not aware of?

As far as I'm aware there's no full studio version. But the song was a gray area for me when choosing to include it or not. Technically the song was studio recorded and we've heard some of it. Otherwise it was a relatively prominent live-only song. I figure I'd just include it.

I've just finished mine. I will send it over to you soon.

A couple of things though...

Again, just as a heads up, even though nothing can be done - the cover of Jesus Christ from Unreleased and Rare and the cover of Can't Help Falling In Love(Triple Peaks Remix) are not present.

Also, the two versions of Slow Dancing are both labeled as being from the Pop era, but only the Willie Nelson version is from the Pop era, the original version is Zooropa era(it was on the Stay single). I don't know if that has any effect on how it'll be analyzed, but just letting you know.

This was an interesting thing to participate in. It was tough to rank some of this stuff! I'm a really soft grader it appears. Only five songs total got less than a 5 from me. Oh well, we all have our own way of listening.

I've just finished mine. I will send it over to you soon.

A couple of things though...

Again, just as a heads up, even though nothing can be done - the cover of Jesus Christ from Unreleased and Rare and the cover of Can't Help Falling In Love(Triple Peaks Remix) are not present.

As noted, remixes are not included. As for the cover, I opted to remove it as it seemed way out there / I probably misremembered it as a live version, but it's largely Woody on his own album doing his own thing with U2 otherwise peppered in there. Dunno, like I said, I used some discretion. Probably mostly a mistake. Anyways, the thing about these fringe songs is I can always remove other ones like it, for a clearer picture. Will be looking at this stuff in strata and individually - basically meaning that the only loss this thing has as an individual is its ranking in the big list. And it will obscurely sit somewhere where nobody will notice anyways, so it's not a big deal.

Also, the two versions of Slow Dancing are both labeled as being from the Pop era, but only the Willie Nelson version is from the Pop era, the original version is Zooropa era(it was on the Stay single). I don't know if that has any effect on how it'll be analyzed, but just letting you know.

Copy-paste typo, thanks for the note. I'll adjust it in my books.

An email has been sent out via Google Groups to remind everyone of the deadlines.

If you did not receive this email (or, more importantly if you haven't received a blank survey) you can post here and let me know.

Back
Top Bottom