U2 at Elvis Costello's Spectacle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anyone else want to jump on this torrent? pretty plz? DLing from 1 of 1 peer right now ...

I'm on, and will leave it open for at least a few days.

I just want to say again, Rosa :bow: Thanks so much!

Eta - weird, my upload capacity is at 60kbps, and I have it set so that this is the only thing I'm currently uploading, and yet I'm only uploading to two people at a total of 35 - 40 kbps.

It would be great if someone could upload the interviews to You Tube or somewhere else, because I cannot download the torrent and would love to see the interviews, too.

I'm on, and will leave it open for at least a few days.

I just want to say again, Rosa :bow: Thanks so much!

Eta - weird, my upload capacity is at 60kbps, and I have it set so that this is the only thing I'm currently uploading, and yet I'm only uploading to two people at a total of 35 - 40 kbps.

Thanks for staying on the torrent!! You're probably just uploading to the limit of the other peoples download speeds.

It looks like some people also might have port issues which is why they can't connect to me but are connecting to other peers.

Looks like about 15 people downloaded the torrent.

Thanks for staying on the torrent!! You're probably just uploading to the limit of the other peoples download speeds.

It looks like some people also might have port issues which is why they can't connect to me but are connecting to other peers.

Looks like about 15 people downloaded the torrent.

thanks vintagepunk for staying on and ramblin rose for sharing. i finished DL'ing it overnight - only watched the beginning so far, but good quality! thanks.

Found 2 different torrent links for this and they are both different sizes. I'm jumping on both now and wonder if one of them is in HD? Here are the links if anyone is interested in this amazing spectacle.

CTV Spectacle-Elvis Costello with Bono and the Edge (2009).HDTV. (download torrent) - TPB

www.dimeadozen.org :: EzTorrent v0.6.3 :: Login

Thanks very much for the links!
I downloaded from the top one, I think it is the whole show but only 465 MB.

Amazing show, I loved every minute.
Two Shots made me :drool:

i watched it last night... i thought it was one of the best, most insightful u2 television pieces i've ever seen.

stay and two shots were fantastic... i don't quite understand the people who say they weren't good, but whatever... music is subjective.

aside from the performances themselves, two things that really stuck with me from the show were...

1) bono pretty much admitting that his charitable work has prevented him from really perfecting his craft the way other artists, including the edge, have been able to do.

2) i couldn't help but think of mr. macphisto, the old rock star who now sings in vegas in a one-man lounge act, as bono crooned two shots of happy, one shot of sad.

Well said.

If the last three albums are supposed to be Edge "perfecting his craft" he better start over.

I finally was able to watch this - it was so worth the wait. Loved Bono's voice, loved the stories - the whole thing had a warmth to it that left a smile on my face. I'll definitely be watching this one again.

I just loved Bono's vocal on Stay- deep, rich and powerful just like in the early 90s. No whining and cracking. And as for Two Shots Of Happy... :drool:

I thought the only song that sounded pretty good (because I've never really listened to it, perhaps) was "Two Shots". Bono sounded awful on the other songs and I thought Elvis' vocals were really annoying.

Even the interview wasn't that great. Better U2 interview than anything we've had in Canada for 2 decades, but that's not saying much because our VJs suck and MuchMusic died 10 years ago. Europe has some great journalists, but it's so hard to find any that have the guts to challenge U2.

I just loved Bono's vocal on Stay- deep, rich and powerful just like in the early 90s. No whining and cracking. And as for Two Shots Of Happy... :drool:

I guess I didn't like Stay because I've never felt it worked as an acoustic song; Edge's melody on acoustic just isn't very interesting to me. Stuck in a Moment sounds amazing, though, but I much prefer that song.

I guess I didn't like Stay because I've never felt it worked as an acoustic song; Edge's melody on acoustic just isn't very interesting to me. Stuck in a Moment sounds amazing, though, but I much prefer that song.

No, I'm with you on that- I would rather see Stay performed electrically too, on the whole.

Back
Top Bottom