The Sweetest Thing video appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I recently had to use this song in an apology to my girlfriend (it worked) and I watched the video again and was reminded how delightful it really is....thoughts?

Looking at Bono in this video....he reminds me of Elvis Costello.

I know, I'm :coocoo:

Same here.

I love the song and video. It's one of my favorite videos, and the song is pretty underrated around here, it seems. The 80s version I don't like, but the 90s version is fantastic.

Love it! In fact, I've been trying to upload the PopUp version to you tube for ever, but it always gets pulled for copyright violation instantly :grumpy: which I can't figure out because they have no problem with me having other PopUp U2 songs there :shrug:

:yes: Enjoy the song and the video of Bono doing his best silent movie comedian impression.

I actually enjoy both the song and the video, but for some reason I tend to forget that either of them exist.

And I prefer the 90's recording to the JTree era recording...most likely because it was the first version I heard.

One of their better videos, great idea. The 90's version, though still a good song, sucks compared to the original.

One of their better videos, great idea. The 90's version, though still a good song, sucks compared to the original.
yeah, that about sums it up

to me the 90s version, though being mostly identical, somehow lost some of the endearing qualities of the original

The 90s version is certainly the more polished of the two, which I think suits it better for what it is. A sweet, simple pop song.

It was also somewhat of an important song for the band commercially, putting the more radio friendly U2 on display again following the difficult-to-swallow (for many) POP. A nice transition between the '97 and '00 releases.

Back
Top Bottom