The Edge is creating ecological and residential havoc in Malibu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the story and it wasn't that bad, ate least not as one sided as I think the LA Weekly article was. Bottom line, Edge bought a boatload of acreage in Malibu and wants to build a bunch of houses on it.
The land was zoned residential when he bought it right? So, that leads me to believe he can do what he wants w/ it. I'm not sticking up for Edge just because he's in U2, but it sort of seems like that's the rule of real estate, eh?

Mudfield,

You realize most of those rich people in Malibu complaining about Edge are Jewish right? I can't believe you are defending them.

The residents who are complaining about him not letting strangers shoot arrows in his backyard should let the club move into their own backyards. Any volunteers?

I think that post about the Jewish people is a reference to Muldfeld's never-ending hate of Israel, not a shot at Jewish people.

Heh. I just edited my own post, figuring I didn't even want to get involved, but I was wondering if anyone else was going to come along and give a little back-story.

ANYway.

So yeah, The Edge. Geez, what a crumbum, huh? Damn rich guys and their mountains of money.

He can do what he wants with his own property I am sure we all have neighbors that we dont like or agree with.

Apparently, this is how Edge plans on leveling the mountain.

suicideBomberKid.jpg

Seriously?

Seriously?

:huh:

That said, the article did provide me with a laugh. When I first read it, I originally read the name of Edge's neighbour Candace Brown as Candace Bergen, and I was all ready to hate on Murphy Brown for being a whiny bitch.

Wtf is a much loved archery club doing on property that's about to be sold, anyway, and why do neighbours think it has the right to be hosted indefinitely by the new property owner? :crack:

Seriously?

Wtf is a much loved archery club doing on property that's about to be sold, anyway, and why do neighbours think it has the right to be hosted indefinitely by the new property owner? :crack:

That's what I want to know.
Why don't they just host it on their own property if they love it so much. Edge has a large family/extended family. He has the right to do what he wants. He only has to worry about city commissioners/planners to decide if he can do what he wants to do. They could sway opinion, but if he's compliant with everything then they have no ground to stand on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom