Real or Fake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now it's gone. :sad:

What, the picture? It's still there.

Who's Pavel? :hmm:

This guy who goes around making people think he's actually really and truly The Real Bono, and people who aren't crazy fans like us don't know any better, so they tell people how ZOMG I MET BONO I'M SO EXCITED, and then get angry when their friends like us have to crush their dreams.

I think he's in a U2 cover band as well.

:down:

61159_152181321482825_100000728753773_298400_6814667_n.jpg

I've done it with facebook and photobucket to cover all of my bases...

:lol: Ha ha, another victim.

:doh:

I got into a LONG facebook argument awhile back with one of my 'friends' that posted a pic of himself with .. him and was all 'zomg I met Bono11!' I submitted all the proof necessary to him over the course of HOURS and he still didnt believe me. I dont even bother anymore. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

I got into a LONG facebook argument awhile back with one of my 'friends' that posted a pic of himself with .. him and was all 'zomg I met Bono11!' I submitted all the proof necessary to him over the course of HOURS and he still didnt believe me. I dont even bother anymore. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

I almost don't want to tell her. If I was in her shoes I would be so happy and would rather just live in that bliss... eventhough its not real.

She looks so happy... and cute:hug: I can't hurt her

It's definitely Pavel Sfera: the knobby nose is a dead give-away (as if the creepy MO wasn't proof enough). Also, San Diego seems to be a familiar stalking ground for him.

Maybe wait and see if she starts opening every conversation with "This one time? When I met Bono?"

Then you might have to break it to her gently. :wink:

Also, based on what you said she told you, does that mean he was just hanging out at a coffee shop, talking on the phone about Rwanda? Like that's another piece of his schtick, to lure in people to think he's Bono?

"Yeah, so Rwanda. ... Yeah, right? I know. Heavy stuff. I'm going to help them and junk. ... Yeah, for serious. It's gonna rule."

Ew.

Maybe wait and see if she starts opening every conversation with "This one time? When I met Bono?"

Then you might have to break it to her gently. :wink:

Also, based on what you said she told you, does that mean he was just hanging out at a coffee shop, talking on the phone about Rwanda? Like that's another piece of his schtick, to lure in people to think he's Bono?

"Yeah, so Rwanda. ... Yeah, right? I know. Heavy stuff. I'm going to help them and junk. ... Yeah, for serious. It's gonna rule."

Ew.

Awwwe:sad:

The thing I love is that you guys know this dudes name. I need to google him now.

I cant believe you've been here 10 years and have not seen any of the many threads about him here. They usually always end up closed.

/busting your balls

I cant believe you've been here 10 years and have not seen any of the many threads about him here. They usually always end up closed.

/busting your balls

:reject:

I remember seeing the threads from time to time but never really paid attention to them. Now that my life has been directly affected by him I have to check it out.

:applaud:

Kinda like Santa.

Urgh this guy is GROSS. He goes to events and pretends to be Bono and then gives interview as Bono. Getting on the phone and pretending to talk to somebody about problems in Rawanda just shows how sick this guy is.

If this is how he gets his kicks then he's a pretty sick guy. Psychology needed?

Urgh this guy is GROSS. He goes to events and pretends to be Bono and then gives interview as Bono. Getting on the phone and pretending to talk to somebody about problems in Rawanda just shows how sick this guy is.

If this is how he gets his kicks then he's a pretty sick guy. Psychology needed?

I have a few mutual friends with this guy and I've asked them why it doesn't bother them that he dupes people this way. Some of these friends have even helped him pull it off, yet don't see anything wrong with what he does. They defend him by saying that he never actually "tells" people he's Bono, he just doesn't tell them he's not, and he's really just doing it because it makes people happy. Such the humanitarian, right? :|

I have a few mutual friends with this guy and I've asked them why it doesn't bother them that he dupes people this way. Some of these friends have even helped him pull it off, yet don't see anything wrong with what he does. They defend him by saying that he never actually "tells" people he's Bono, he just doesn't tell them he's not, and he's really just doing it because it makes people happy. Such the humanitarian, right? :|

Ok so he dresses up like Bono, puts on a bono-esque accent, pretends to talk on the phone about bono-esque subjects and then hugs people and takes photographs. What a fraud.

I don't think Bono would be impressed. In fact, I think I've heard that he's been pissed off at Paval in the past?

as if B would ever wear a shirt like that! ;)

seriously, this guy is such a twat... :down:

you know, i really need a middle finger icon... with chipped blue nail varnish on it preferably... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom