Possible AB Remaster?...this year will be hot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are arguing about which is the better Fly version, but what would be more interesting is: Was anyone in Winnipeg to hear which version they pulled out??? There are no sources on this. I thought we've covered the entire universe w/ forum members and yet in Winnipeg we're missing a source? :ohmy:

yeah, seriously. we have video/audio of them playing until the end of the world, but not the fly. strange.

I hope it's out in September/early October. I wonder how much they filmed for the documentary. BTW it's great that they filmed a modern documentary to put on this as opposed to one from when the album was released. They are going to go all out with this one. I've wondered if they possibly went back and recorded any songs that they wrote but never recorded, or something like that. So many possibilities.

I don't think it will be. The original AB was released in November, and that's the start of the holiday season. So I'd expect a november re-release as well.

I don't think it will be. The original AB was released in November, and that's the start of the holiday season. So I'd expect a november re-release as well.

That's what probably will happen. I was just thinking that maybe after the supposedly 90s-leaning Glastonbury set (They can still change their minds about that), they would add some more Achtung Baby songs to the rest of 360 in July to promote a deluxe release in September. Was just wishful thinking though, it will probably be for the Holidays.

I'm just dying to see the documentary, I like how they filmed a new one that will most likely have a modern look back on it. The documentary on Joshua Tree from Mtv in the 80s is interesting, but a look back would have been cool. Achtung Baby was such a change from JT/R&H so I'd expect them to make this deluxe edition a change from what they did with TUF/JT.

I wonder how long this documentary will be. Will it be movie-length like IMGL? That would be amazing. Would Davis Guggenheim do anything shorter? And U2 filmed in more than one location, right? This is probably wishful thinking, but if it's really amazing, then it had better be more than just a little 30-minute clip.

:drool:

I'm just dying to see the documentary, I like how they filmed a new one that will most likely have a modern look back on it. The documentary on Joshua Tree from Mtv in the 80s is interesting, but a look back would have been cool.

I think the reason there wasn't a retrospective documentary on the making of The Joshua Tree is because there's already an official one. It was done for the Classic Albums series.
Amazon.com: U2: The Joshua Tree: Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge, U2: Movies & TV

But since there wasn't one for Achtung Baby I do hope that they include one. Hopefully an extended one like the ones for the Bruce Springsteen remasters of Born To Run and Darkness On The Edge Of Town. :)

zomg I was there. Not in the GA cattle call area (thank god :lol: ), but outside the stadium. My first soundcheck, and I got to hear that. :heart:

"We're at a point where production has gotten so slick that people don't trust it anymore... We were starting to lose trust in the conventional sound of rock & roll—the conventional sound of guitar ... those big reverb-laden drum sounds of the '80s or those big, beautiful, pristine vocal sounds with all this lush ambience and reverb. So we found ourselves searching for other sounds that had more life and more freshness..." the edge, 1991

"then people didn't buy or like POP so we went fuck it, ah forget what I said and brought back the awesome lush ambient 'verb"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom