New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've received an email today asking me to complete my set up by linking my north american Ticketmaster account. I'm in the UK. Do i just ignore it if i have no intention of going to the states.

I've received an email today asking me to complete my set up by linking my north american Ticketmaster account. I'm in the UK. Do i just ignore it if i have no intention of going to the states.

I got the same, when I login it says:

Connect your North America Ticketmaster account to your U2.com account. If you don't already have one, you can create one here.
Agree to receive SMS messages.
Add a valid mobile phone number to your Profile.

I don't even HAVE a NA Ticketmaster account, nor do I want one. I just added my Dutch phone number and accepted the terms, but the other two options are not disappearing.

Way to go U2.com for making it clear the US is all you care about. :rolleyes:

I got the same, when I login it says:

Connect your North America Ticketmaster account to your U2.com account. If you don't already have one, you can create one here.
Agree to receive SMS messages.
Add a valid mobile phone number to your Profile.

I don't even HAVE a NA Ticketmaster account, nor do I want one. I just added my Dutch phone number and accepted the terms, but the other two options are not disappearing.

Way to go U2.com for making it clear the US is all you care about. :rolleyes:
Having delved further. It is in the FAQ's that the verified fan system is for the US only, however i share your view that it is very US-centric. A simple one liner saying something like "This applies to the US only" would have been enough. However for the casual non-US fan logging in it looks like their account need updating(which it doesn't)

For some reason I am I the innocence group for the pre sale,yet I have been a member for years. So I emailed U2.com,I received a reply this morning...........a blank email! Well done U2.com!

HOLD ON A SECOND!!!

We need to use a cell phone to purchase tickets? So if you're the type who has always his entire life only used a flip phone you're SOL? I was under the impression a code would be text to your phone and you could still buy tickets from a PC using the code you received in the text message?

Real U2 fans have iPhones.

Get lost.

So even if i renewed my fan club membership and completed the setup for the verified subscriber,i'm still not guaranteed to get a pre-sale code on Tuesday morning?

what the hell is that????

Surely the lack of a guarantee of being texted a presale code is arse-covering in case there's a glitch and somebody inadvertently doesn't get a code?

Surely?

But the wording in the FAQ implies that it's a kind of "luck of the draw lottery"........without phrasing it like that.

When they first announced the tour I got everything connected and the setup for my verified account is complete.

Then I didn't log back in to U2.com until today - on the front page, where it says "registration has ended for the presale", that just means the verified fan setup right? If I did all of that correctly then I should be "registered" yeah?

Goddamn this is confusing.

When they first announced the tour I got everything connected and the setup for my verified account is complete.

Then I didn't log back in to U2.com until today - on the front page, where it says "registration has ended for the presale", that just means the verified fan setup right? If I did all of that correctly then I should be "registered" yeah?

That's the way I understand it. I think you're good to go.

Yeah if you go to your account info and it says "Setup Complete", then you're all set.

Surely the lack of a guarantee of being texted a presale code is arse-covering in case there's a glitch and somebody inadvertently doesn't get a code?

Surely?
I never got a code for Springsteen on Broadway. Was only placed on standby.

Now that's a much smaller sample size, as he's playing a small theater vs a 20,000 seat arena... and it was open to the general public vs fan club.

Alas.

I never got a code for Springsteen on Broadway. Was only placed on standby.

Now that's a much smaller sample size, as he's playing a small theater vs a 20,000 seat arena... and it was open to the general public vs fan club.

Alas.

I assume your Springsteen experience will be what some (possibly many) of us are in for with the general on sale, but I imagine everyone with a U2.com membership will get a code and get to participate in the presales, whether they get the tix they want is another matter,

I assume your Springsteen experience will be what some (possibly many) of us are in for with the general on sale, but I imagine everyone with a U2.com membership will get a code and get to participate in the presales, whether they get the tix they want is another matter,
Hope not, as that sucked.

I'm glad I have my tickets already :hi5:

So my dad is in the first group which is going tomorrow, I'm not until Wednesday. What do I need to tell him to do, just wait for a text with all of the appropriate information? And does the pre-sale open all at once or at a specific local time for each show?

So the LA shows have the highest VIP tickets priced around $650 while every other NA arena, even NY and Vegas is highest priced around $360?

I don't see any presale codes on my U2.com profile page like I have in the past. Is that what's going to be in the email they're sending to us?

(Sorry if it's already been discussed, but I don't want to read through this thread to find the answer.)

So I just found out that the Innocence presale starts at 1PM and not 10AM...

Why can't all the presales just happen at the same time, but on different days? This tour has had the shittiest presale system I've ever seen. If this wasn't U2 I would have given up on trying to go this concert awhile ago. I keep having to adjust my damn plans as I find out more about how this crap works. I better get some damn tickets after stressing about this shit for the last two weeks.

So I just found out that the Innocence presale starts at 1PM and not 10AM...

Why can't all the presales just happen at the same time, but on different days? This tour has had the shittiest presale system I've ever seen. If this wasn't U2 I would have given up on trying to go this concert awhile ago. I keep having to adjust my damn plans as I find out more about how this crap works. I better get some damn tickets after stressing about this shit for the last two weeks.

Now that they've changed the time, the presale will begin right in the middle of class on Wednesday. That's just great.

Now that they've changed the time, the presale will begin right in the middle of class on Wednesday. That's just great.
Exactly. It's such a terrible time for a presale. I don't have class at 1:00, but I have a class that ends at 12:35, and then another class at 1:55. But I don't know that I trust my school's Wifi enough to order tickets during that break. I'm probably gonna just stay home on the day of the sale.

It especially annoys me because I checked a few days ago, and there was no separate time listed for the Innocence presale. But now there is. It's a good thing I double checked...

Back
Top Bottom