New Lithographs on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there's only one way i'd deal with this kind of crap for a lithograph: if it were of the passengers cover. how is it you can buy a lithograph of the sweetest thing and electrical storm but not passengers?

Seeing this thread actually prompted to check the order and it still showed pending on the Live Nation website, so I sent them an email and they responded within 30 minutes saying they still had the order and it was still backordered.

What I don't understand is, if these were supposedly limited edition, how could they be backordered?

Wow. That is pretty insane. Sounds like they're not ready to admit that the thing's sold out and out of production! :|

Though Electrical storm was supposed to be limited as well, and I see they have it on sale now.

I bought this one....
It was sold out on u2.com.....but NOT in the live nation store.

U2T42566.JPG

:ohmy: What print number did you get?

I'm going nuts trying to see if LN might have the inner album litho but their website is down.

:ohmy: What print number did you get?

I'm going nuts trying to see if LN might have the inner album litho but their website is down.

Ha...I said it already u2trinity....either 28 or 23 / 500. I think it was 28. I know for sure the inner album litho is sold out.

The reason I am waffling on the absoluteness of the number is that I looked on the card and the 28 *looked* like a poor written 8.....which I thought was a 3.

I then looked on the art work and the number was written definitely.....but then I rolled it up and took it to the shop to get framed. I will give you the answer for sure.

What I wanna know is. I just ordered this weeks ago. It is sold out on U2.com and unavailable. How is it I order it and my number is 28? I thought for sure I'd get 379 or close to 500? Did Live Nation and U2.com split the lot of them?

What I don't understand is, if these were supposedly limited edition, how could they be backordered?

I'm gonna *hope* that it is on back order because of a printing problem. Maybe the colour printer isn't working.......That is what I'd like to think. Please keep us in the loop and let us know how you get sorted.

there's only one way i'd deal with this kind of crap for a lithograph: if it were of the passengers cover. how is it you can buy a lithograph of the sweetest thing and electrical storm but not passengers?

I love how hardcore Khanada is about the Passengers. Some people ape shit for AB......or POP.....or Bomb....but Khanada is ready to go postal for the Passengers cover. Props to you. We need to post a picture just in case people forget what that art looks like.

600.jpg

Thats it! The next time I drive by my local Michaels and see that "60% OFF" banner outside, I'm taking 2 lithos in there. I'm such a retard for not doing this sooner. :doh:

Ha...I said it already u2trinity....either 28 or 23 / 500. I think it was 28. I know for sure the inner album litho is sold out.

The reason I am waffling on the absoluteness of the number is that I looked on the card and the 28 *looked* like a poor written 8.....which I thought was a 3.

I then looked on the art work and the number was written definitely.....but then I rolled it up and took it to the shop to get framed. I will give you the answer for sure.

I wonder if Livenation recieved the first batch printed because I ordered my JT litho on the first day they were posted on U2.com and mine is in the much higher somewhere in the 200's if I remember correctly.

I just want to cry every time I see or think about the inner album litho , I had that litho in my possession for a brief moment.

The JT lithograph are 690 x970mm according to the website. That's approximately 28" by 39". ....

I see such nice frame jobs of these lithos, but i measured mine and found it to match the above measurements. Just barely doesnt fit a 27 X 40 frame. And thats the largest frame size i have found at Michaels. How did you guys frame yours? DiD all of you go get it professional framed? Or did you find a frame size off the shelf? (and what size is that?)

it looks like most people have a matting on their frame too, do you know what size frame you ended up getting professionally done?

Also, how much did you pay for the pro job? I went to Michaels to get a quote on the custom framing and they said $250-300 and thats WITH their current 50% off custom frameing deal going on right now! I couldnt believe it.

I think I paid $200-300 each for pro framing several years ago. These are the two I have up right now, but I rotate my dining room U2 litho between 3-4 different.

crappy pics (but good lithos)

Dining Room
DSCN1990.jpg

42" x 31" (~107cm x ~79cm)

Kitchen
DSCN1992.jpg

27.75" square --no matting, but non-reflective glass (can't remember how expensive, but it was a lot)

The price seems nuts, but my wife loves lithographs, so they were her Christmas presents twice.

looks nice!

okay, so i guess 200-300 is reasonable. I had no clue.
Howeverm I cant believe they were made less than 1/2 an inch too big to fit a standard 27X40 frame available right off the shelf ($40). Literally, it wont fit by like 3/8 of an inch. darn!

I've decided to put the 16 Achtung lithographs up. My house is so small there is only one wall I can do it. They are album size so I'm guessing there are ready made album size frames out there. I hope I can find the non-glare glass and something with actually no frame around the edges. :hmm:

I've decided to put the 16 Achtung lithographs up. My house is so small there is only one wall I can do it. They are album size so I'm guessing there are ready made album size frames out there. I hope I can find the non-glare glass and something with actually no frame around the edges. :hmm:

Can't wait to see this!!

My frame was about 150 euros, got it as a birthday present from my parents. That's roughly 200USD there.

It's worth every penny though. It's framed and has a glass cover which is not very reflective, so it's quite neat. :)

IF my Ab lithograph ever arrives, I'm framing that too. It's much easier when you have a neighbour that has his own art store and does custom framing with neighbour discount. :wink:

Let us know what you find.
Mine arrived yesterday and Heather spent several minutes fondling them.

Our house is tiny, too. :D We have three walls, not counting the kitchen one, that we can hang anything of size on.

This is in the home office:

DSCN1993.jpg

This is the other dining room litho. (just to prove we have interests besides U2 :wink: )

DSCN1994.jpg

From the pix, you can see how bad the frames can be w/o anti-reflective glass.

This is in the home office:

DSCN1993.jpg

Ooh Larry art! Cool :)
I would have loved a print of Bono art, but I was too late on those, darnit.

Let us know what you find.
Mine arrived yesterday and Heather spent several minutes fondling them.

Our house is tiny, too. :D We have three walls, not counting the kitchen one, that we can hang anything of size on.

:giggle: on the fondling. But I can relate.
I need to go look around I guess before I actually decide, but I'm not sure yet if I want no frame on the glass at all, or something very minimal like your black frame on the 11'oclock print. :hmm:

I don't care for Larry's much :reject:

We've got Bono's "Vision Over Visibility" print. Is there another Bono one?

I admit I prefer Bono art. :wink: But still cool you have any of their art. Is that VOV the one with the heart? (I can't check for what they all looked like right now.) But yeah I am a big fan of Bono's artwork. I love his style. Talk about a talented human! :D I'm not sure if there are more, I have the pics saved somewhere but can't check now, I'd just love anything he drew or painted.

(That's why the HTDAAB Deluxe Book is an absolute TREASURE to me. I still can't believe what a personal glimpse into his art, notes, lyrics, doodles, etc we got with that. Best bonus type album thingy ever, for me anyway!)

Back
Top Bottom