New blackberry ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i saw this play as one of those commercials before a movie last night. the people next to me immediately starting talking about how much they hate bono.

Well thats nothing new, everyone who isnt a fan of U2 seem to hate bono, i mean even a few fans hate bono which is a shame.

^That ad made me super excited because I had no idea it was coming, I just had the TV on at breakfast and it started playing. Looks sweet.

i saw this play as one of those commercials before a movie last night. the people next to me immediately starting talking about how much they hate bono.

Ditto

Well I took my children yesterday to a Matinee of Star Trek & this came on but no one said anything....

I almost shouted "O yeah baby!!!!" but most of the people in there were kinda old they would have probably panicked

Cool ad in my opinion. Liked the cut to his glasses.

Think it's funny as an ad though.

"Blackberry loves U2"... wonder if they realize that U2's support isn't nearly as universal, especially in the states, as it once was.:reject:

People bitch they dont promote, people bitch they do, its an ad not a movie.

Irrelevant, it's a sloppy job, and that does matter, they're trying to sell their product with this commercial. Why on Earth they would cut like that is beyond me. It's not a bitch about U2, it's a bitch about Blackberry's PR people.

I think their goal with the editing was to get all the best parts of the song into a 60 second ad. I would say they succeeded. 95 percent of the people watching the ad have never even heard the song and probably won't notice that big chunks have been ripped out.

Saw this before Public Enemies on Friday night. I heard someone singing along in the back. It was :cute:

I thought it was just me, zooropop40 and europop2005 in this town. :wink:

I wish they hadn't used the 'every generation' line... that line is slightly embarrassing when people don't realize that Bono's lyrics are nothing more than intentionally playful for the whole song.

Nice ad, though, even though I'm happy with my iPhone.

Sure, but could Blackberry's people use a few of Apple's creatives or what?

This video is boring, senseless and dreadfully edited.

I think they did a great job. I have to say that this is better than the Vertigo iPod commercial. Could be just me, we should put a poll up but I really like it :up:

Back
Top Bottom