My band's one night as U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeesguy86

The Fly
Hey all, longtime lurker and occasional poster! I'm in a rock band in Champaign, IL - our name is Decadents, and our sound is based in classic rock. This year was the 25th annual Great Cover Up; the general idea is bands in the area come up with a 20-25 minute set covering another artist.

This year, we covered U2:

Last year, we were Queens of the Stone Age:

We spent a month putting the set together. Normally, I sing lead but our second guitarist has a great voice and wanted a crack at Bono (towards the end, he loses his voice a bit - speaks to just how powerful Bono's voice is). I was all too happy to try out being the Edge, and it was so valuable to learn a completely different style of guitar playing.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a link here and get your guys thoughts on it; I so badly wanted to capture the vibe you get at a U2 show, and I think we got close. You'll hear a few obvious flubs, but more than anything, I just wanted to be authentic to the band. Through it all, we learned just how god damn good of a rock band U2 really is; it was really tough covering them, but we're excited to keep a couple songs in the set as covers going forward.

And if you're curious, my band Decadents' albums are all online at Decadents.bandcamp.com.

Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom