Mercy on new Transformers Soundtrack???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Twitter

Saw this on U2gigs.

Could be rubbish, doesn't seem like a very 'transformers' kind of song, and surely we'd of heard something by now? Then again, they are into their superhero/men watching boys programs thing atm.

I'm surprised it hasn't been released though. I downloaded Mercy from here back in November 2004. They are now saying the next U2 album won't come out until October 2012. If Mercy is on the album, that will make it eight years that we have had Mercy before it was officially released.

Maoilbheannacht said:
I'm surprised it hasn't been released though. I downloaded Mercy from here back in November 2004. They are now saying the next U2 album won't come out until October 2012. If Mercy is on the album, that will make it eight years that we have had Mercy before it was officially released.

You don't know ANYTHING about the concert business.

But the live version of "Mercy" has been officially released ("Wide Awake in Europe"). Granted, as just stated, this is a live, not studio version. And WAIE was released in limited quantities (supposedly). Still, it was an "official" release. :)

As for "Transformers"... I just hope not. I hated the first movie so much I never bothered with the second. Despite the second making a lot of $$, it appears the audience agreed. This suggests a potential big drop for the third movie. And if "Mercy" isn't actually played in the film or appears on the main soundtrack, then why bother with some secondary release?

That might actually be an even weirder choice...at least Mercy is a Big Bombastic U2 Anthem™, unlike Snoreth Star. I love the song, but it doesn't seem like it'd be a great fit for a summer blockbuster about giant robots and explosions.

Maybe it'll be one of those things where it's on a character's radio for, like, 20 seconds in the background.

Transformers. Form. Shape. Box. Straight Lines. Bars. Cage. Zoo. "Zooropa"? :hmm:

Maybe it'll be one of those things where it's on a character's radio for, like, 20 seconds in the background.

This is what I'm hoping, and thinking since it isn't on the soundtrack (that probably would have cost them a lot more to license).

But a ballad that appears to be pretty simplistic and religious, doesn't really jive with a race of alien robots fighting...

If it gets us a glimpse of what one studio iteration (note this goes back to the Bomb sessions and was originally a collaboration with Michael W. Smith) of this song sounds like, I'll live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom