Just got the Popmart DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Gonna watch the full concert tonight for the first...

....watched a few of the songs, Mysterious Ways, Last Night On Earth, and Please.

Good God, I am excited for this DVD.

PopMart is a fantastic DVD. There are lots of great moments. Both Gone and LNOE are blisteringly good and the Please-Streets segue is beautiful.

Popmart :love: my favorite U2 concert dvd, I think it has a wonderful flow.

I'm sure you'll enjoy.

*It's shiny and pretty*

K I'm gonna do some laundry and blast some U2 music, as usual :D

Then I'll watch the show. I'll let you know what I think, but from what I've seen, I think it will be one of my favorites!!

Yes Mexico City PopMart was incredible. Someone mentioned the Please>Streets seguay. It's an absolute beautiful moment.:love: My favorite things from this DVD:

Mofo (absolutely atop the best versions of Mofo :drool:)
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Please>Streets :drool:
With Or Without You (especially toward the end with Bono struggling with the "ooh" part. It makes for a beautiful moment imo.)
SBS :)edge: singing!)
HMTMKMKM
LNOE

Everything on here is great! Those are just some of the personal highlights for me. Enjoy it!:wave:

Popmart's reputation really only comes from it's subpar US leg (compounded by poor, for them, sales in some places on that leg). From Europe on, they had their shit together, and it just kept building steam. I've only been to Popmart and Vertigo, and each had their different strengths and weaknesses, but one area where Popmart was streets ahead was just in that indescribable charge in the room (or stadium). Something totally different. Vertigo was a great concert, a great show, great event, technically stellar and a great performance, but Popmart was... I dunno, blistering, really wired somehow. Leaving both felt completely different. One was satisfying and fantastic, but the other was pure electricity. Although, it did rain heavily during Popmart and I was very close to the stage, maybe it was just... electricity?

The only U2 show I've been to was Popmart. It was their Clemson, SC show, which I think may have been the least-attended show of the tour. Even so, it was a balls-out blast.

It's quite good and makes me wish I had defied the parentals and saw a show.
Funny story: Back when I was a little kid, my dad went to go see Popmart in Madison. I stayed in the hotel with my mom, as I was a little kid and didn't yet understand the glory that was nineties U2. I want to go back in time, give my younger self a copy of Pop, and get young me to talk my dad into letting me go with...
I COULD HAVE SEEN POPMART LIVE :scream:

It was the second U2 show I'd seen (also saw Zoo TV at Camp Randall), and the first one was kind of a bust (I know I enjoyed it, but we didn't have a good view and I don't remember much of it at all), Popmart had nowhere to go but up.

I was in something like the 16th row on Edge's side, and after a few songs, everyone in front of us sat down (WTF, for real and serious and true), but everyone behind us stayed standing, so there was absolutely nothing and no one blocking my short-ass self's view, so I had a great view for the whole show.

Was it a good show? Probably not in comparison to other Popmart shows, but I certainly was in heaven.

How could you watch just snippets of it, particularily Please with how it segues to Streets!? You have to watch it all in proper order. :wink:

...and after a few songs, everyone in front of us sat down (WTF, for real and serious and true)
What is this I don't even...

People: You are in the front rows of the pit at a U2 concert. YOU DO NOT SIT DOWN. Seriously, how lame can you be? I was near the middle of the pit at Chicago II, and I sat down for all of thirty seconds between encores.

Nice to hear you got a good view, though.

What is this I don't even...

People: You are in the front rows of the pit at a U2 concert. YOU DO NOT SIT DOWN. Seriously, how lame can you be? I was near the middle of the pit at Chicago II, and I sat down for all of thirty seconds between encores.

Nice to hear you got a good view, though.

I dunno. It wasn't like the GA section, in case you were wondering that. I'm sure no one sat down there. But give people chairs, they'll sit.

When they're lame, that is. These people were seriously lame.

We saw PoPMart in St Louis in Nov 97. We were so fucking high i dont remember much, except a lot of lights and some really loud noize that we knew completely and sang along with. Afterwords we were quite bummed because we didn't really know what was going on. I think we even go lost in St Louis or something like that, east St Louis, that is.

Anyway it was a great show. AIWIY was epic, HMTMKMKM was in a different orbit. I think at some point in the show some guy dressed up as the devil and made it onstage with Bono.

I dunno. It wasn't like the GA section, in case you were wondering that. I'm sure no one sat down there. But give people chairs, they'll sit.

When they're lame, that is. These people were seriously lame.
Oh, okay, must have misinterpreted that. Still, lameness incarnate. :|

The GA section seemed to be really small - just right up front, maybe around the B-stage? There were reserved seats on the side of the field, right up to the stage.

Love in Desire when Bono totally forgets the lyrics, and looks at Edge and shrugs, while Edge just smiles happily and goes into the chorus. Then Bono flubs it again and says, "It's been awhile." then just goes right into singing La Bamba. Then Edge just stares at him and Bono's like, "STOP! Just stop!" And Edge just kind of laughs and finishes the song.

Man that was great! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom