I'd just like to say something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That vinyl = The single greatest purchase I've ever made

My first vinyl purchase, for 3 dollars in a Record Store that was going out of business. Says May 1985 on the back, was in perfect condition...

You know, one of my first memories of Axver is when I was running a treadmill with my iPod, and I had some U2 videos on there, and I had downloaded that video just because of how much he goes on about it. It was the first time I watched it, and I realized, "Hey, maybe that Axver guy's not so crazy after all." :cute:

(My earliest memory of Axver is him yelling at me in a survivor)

I've been listening to it over and over again for years. It's good stuff. :drool:

I'm trying to find the right word to describe just how awesome it is...but I'm failing miserably :sad:

I never quite heard OTH performed that way, what made them change it up so drastically? (Or was it always done in this fashion)

(My earliest memory of Axver is him yelling at me in a survivor)

I wonder how common this is ... :uhoh:

I never quite heard OTH performed that way, what made them change it up so drastically? (Or was it always done in this fashion)

No, this is the only time they did it that way! It seems to have been pretty much an improvised thing. Edge's solo builds on what he normally did live (though it's distinctly different to other shows), and Bono's extra verse just comes out of absolutely nowhere. Intense stuff.

You both have earned a million unicokisses. :kiss:

:love:

No, this is the only time they did it that way! It seems to have been pretty much an improvised thing. Edge's solo builds on what he normally did live (though it's distinctly different to other shows), and Bono's extra verse just comes out of absolutely nowhere. Intense stuff.

I thought so...it's amazing! Really, takes me back to when I heard The Fly for the first time and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

Why didn't they just continue to perform it this way? (Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm just very curious)

I thought so...it's amazing! Really, takes me back to when I heard The Fly for the first time and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

Why didn't they just continue to perform it this way? (Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm just very curious)

When I heard it for the first time ... it's what made me sit up and take notice of One Tree Hill really. Before then, I liked the song and all, but I hadn't paid THAT much attention to the studio version.

I honestly have no idea why they didn't continue to play it that way. I guess it was just such A Moment that they didn't know how to replicate it.

I guess it was just such A Moment that they didn't know how to replicate it.

That's unforunate...

I kind of had a similar reaction to Lemon from Zoo T.V Sydney...I had never really paid attention to the Studio version.
:drool:

Do you know where I can find this MP3? I can take it off YouTube but Zamzar makes the audio quality shit...

I recommend just grabbing the whole show from U2Start. It's really awesome... I'm not sure if it or the 30th is my favorite Point Depot night.

Those two are U2's greatest gigs.

Seriously, people, 21 March 1985 is ... hilarious. U2 have a new guitar player for 11 O'clock Tick Tock. THIS IS THE EEIIIHHH!!!

I will do that

:up: In that case, I'll hold off on sending the OTH MP3 and you can hear it in the concert context. Also, the performance of Streets from that show is incredible - I think the best ever.

Back
Top Bottom