How many on here.............?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
can HONESTLY say...they enjoy all songs from every U2 album? Going by what i read on here....some folks dont like some songs....or some albums...and it got me to thinking, how many can say they could stick on every u2 album and listen from start to finnish?

i would say i'm about 95%. i can honestly say that i like all of their albums, some way more than others. also, there is no U2 song other than "Jesus Christ" that i truly hate.

It depends on my mood, I could listen to every album all the way through and then other times I skip songs...

If I listen to Pop I'll skip Miami 3 out of 5 listens.

If I even listen to War, I'll skip about 1/2 3 out of 5 times, mostly because they'll feel dated or I'm just tired of NYD and SBS.

If I listen to NLOTH I'll skip Stand Up 3 out of 5 times.

I'll skip a few of the live ones on R&H...

I think the rest I pretty much always listen all the way through.

There are about 5 or 6 songs that I don't like, on the albums. I skip those songs.

There are another, maybe, 8 or 9 that I find unimpressive, but not particularly bad. Depending on my mood, I might enjoy them, or not.

The rest, which must comprise 125 or more songs, are all fantastic.

It really depends on my mood. I consistently listen to Joshua Tree all the way through, and close on AB but I almost always skip TTTYAATW.

i would say i'm about 95%. i can honestly say that i like all of their albums, some way more than others. also, there is no U2 song other than "Jesus Christ" that i truly hate.

I like "Jesus Christ" :reject:

Your Not alone CTU2Fan....for...i can exclusivley reveal....I was listening to Jesus Christ the other day....and listened to it 3 times in a row:drool:
Always loved that song. Could you imagine most other music acts attempting to pull that song off?

ugh....i'm just glad Jesus Christ wasn't released as a single or anything like that. embarrassing.....

Why is this the banner ad at the top of the page? And can we make it so it's the banner ad at the top of every page please? Thanks.

imgad

I love Jesus Christ! ... but not in that way.

I don't love all the songs, but there are very few on the albums that I hate - Red Light is the only one that comes to mind right away.

There are a lot I don't particularly care for and will skip almost all of the time. Shadows and Tall Trees, Stranger in a Strange Land, Peace On Earth, and probably some others.

The only albums I usually listen to all the way through are UF, JT, and AB (and NLOTH currently, but I wonder if that will change):

Songs I usually skip:

Boy - An Cat Dubh, Shadows and Tall Trees
October - I Threw A Brick
War - 40
Rattle and Hum - Love Rescue Me
Zooropa - Babyface, Numb
Pop - The Playboy Mansion
ATYCLB - Stuck in a Moment, Grace
HTDAAB - Yahweh

I listen to all albums from start to finish like probably at least 10 times per album every year, except for Rattle & Hum, cause I just find it awkward to listen to due to length and cohesion.

Exam revision time, assignments and commuting gives me a lot of time to do such things, like slap on a compact disc or chuck me iPod on.

I believe I have uncovered an element of enjoyment in every U2 song, bar Love Rescue Me. Even in Red Light!

preach it. i'm in the same boat.

ISHFWILF
Jesus Christ
Love Rescue Me
Sweetest Thing (both)
SIAMYCGOO
Wild Honey
IALW
:doh::yuck:

The rest (including non-album tracks and b-sides) I :heart:, or :bow:, or :rockon: or :up: at the least.

Achtung Baby, Zooropa and The Unforgettable Fire are the only albums where I never really skip a song.
Joshua Tree would be perfect without Trip Through Your Wires, NLOTH would be perfect without Stand Up Comedy.

Gonna share what songs they are? am a wee bit interested.

Ok with the album list in front of me:
Boy:
A day without me, another time another place, shadows and tall trees
October:
Anything but Gloria and Fire
War:
Red light and surrender
TUF:
promenade, 4th of july, EPAA, MLK
JT:
MOTD, sometimes IGC or Trip
R&H:
couple of live songs, the fillers
AB:
So Cruel when I'm not in the right mood, TTTYAATW when I'm bored
Zooropa:
Babyface. Babyface. Babyface.
Pop:
Playboy mansion, Miami
ATYCLB:
Grace, POE when I'm not in the right mood
HTDAAB:
SYCMIOYO, OOTS, OSC
NLOTH:
MOS and COL.

:wink: Happy now?

Interesting how many of these are in fact slow songs. Figures since I'm quite a happy n hyper person that I'm usually not in the mood for these songs..

I don't love 100% of their catalogue... I'd say I'm probably 80/20 on my like/dislike. Frankly, I don't want to imagine a U2 who were able to please ALL their fans ALL the time. :barf:

I love about 75% of U2's music...

I don't really care for a couple of tracks off of October, Pop and NLOTH...

and the non-U2 covers on Rattle and Hum

BUT I FUCKING LOVE STREET MISSIONS, CARTOON WORLD, LIFE ON A DISTANT PLANET and generally anything release or performed before Boy...cause that stuff is the shit.

I tend not to skip songs when playing CDs, but I might with Elvis PAA, Freedom for my People, Wild Horses, The First Time, Velvet Dress or Grace.

I will skip when playing stuff off my computer. I mostly play specific playlists though.
Because of this I hadn't played some albums in full for a while, so it was great to get back into them with the remasters (boctobar, JT)

Note that neither Boy nor War nor JT had any skippable songs for me anyway.

The only songs that tempt the skipper in me are Kite/IALW/WH/POE, not just because those are four shitty songs in a rong, but also because Walk On into WILATW is a good transition.

I don't love all of them
also don't hate any of them
If god .... must be my least favourite though

Back
Top Bottom