Grammy awards 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Cant find a thread anywhere for the grammy's.

Will they win best rock album? Will they be there? Will they perform?

No they wont win - too bad Bono isnt healthy enough to perform though that would make it a little better.

Oops I wrote in the other thread... Beck is performing and is nominated for album of the year... So I think he'll win the rock one.

They won't win and they won't perform but at least some of the band will show up to be seen.

I doubt they are performing and I'm not expecting them to win. Whether they show up or not - we'll have to wait and see.

@atu2comSherry

Confirmation from a band source: U2 will *not* be at the Grammys this weekend.

@AndreaDresdale

@atu2comSherry @atu2 Grammy Exec producer tells me they were set to perform but then Bono accident intervened

@AndreaDresdale

@atu2comSherry @atu2 Grammy producer told me "I’m hearing really good reports about him being much better...unfortunately not in time 4 us."

The only way EBW is featured at the Grammys will be if it used for the In Memoriam tribute.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Bono's injury (not that its his fault) has really destroyed the SOI promo's in America. i bet u2 would have been at all the other award ceremonies aswell (eg brit awards)

The injury has done alot of damage to SOI. But what can you do ?

I'm thinking some of the band members will be there. I mean it's weird if they're not.

It's a minor category that won't be televised. So whether they'll win or not, we won't see any of them accepting the award on TV.

It's a minor category that won't be televised. So whether they'll win or not, we won't see any of them accepting the award on TV.

I'm not seeing Best Rock Album in the program for this afternoon awards. I think it's tonight.

Sounds like as a gesture from Bono and a good first step in building his relationship, Leo will be in attendance and accept the award on behalf of the band if they win.

I first reported that Leo was in LA yesterday as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I'd like U2 to win, it's not gonna happen. Beck is nominated in the major category for his album, if he's up for album of the year, then he's going to win the sub category of rock album. That's always the way it works, if you're up for the big one, you're gonna win your sub category.

As much as I'd like U2 to win, it's not gonna happen. Beck is nominated in the major category for his album, if he's up for album of the year, then he's going to win the sub category of rock album. That's always the way it works, if you're up for the big one, you're gonna win your sub category.

Not totally true, when Arcade fire won album of the year they didn't win in their sub category

If anyone is interested in watching the Grammys, this schedule was on Twitter, really don't know if it's true or not

BJ8h81x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom