Rumor: U2, Madonna, and AC/DC to perform at Grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet that is what they're striving towards, him being back to performance shape in time for the Grammys. If he has to wear a sling, so be it, he's done it before. Then do the jimmy Fallon stuff after and maybe put some more shows onsale after that. They're working up to something.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I get the feeling that a U2 performance at the Grammys would go over about as well as the 2009 performance, but maybe I'm just a cynic.

Maybe they'll do the acoustic/piano/Adele version of EBW and get people talk talk talking.

I get the feeling that a U2 performance at the Grammys would go over about as well as the 2009 performance, but maybe I'm just a cynic.

No, I think it will go over much better but I understand your hesitation. Here is why:

1-They will perform EBW.
2-They won't perform Boots
3-Bono won't be wearing guy liner
4-The lyrics "sexy boots" will not be uttered

If you watch the EMA performance, that is what we will probably get. Now I'm not a fan of these acoustic performances but this performance was impressive and even if you don't think the same, surly we can agree it was more impressive than the 2009 Boots performance.

The only wild card here is that due to injures, Bono might be wearing an eye patch. This could go two ways, it could look cool because pirates have been cool since 2003 when Pirates of the Caribbean came out. However, the recent Somali pirate situations have tarnished the pirate image and it may come off as him supporting these "bad" pirates.

:)

No, I think it will go over much better but I understand your hesitation. Here is why:

1-They will perform EBW.
2-They won't perform Boots
3-Bono won't be wearing guy liner
4-The lyrics "sexy boots" will not be uttered

Fair enough. People do seem to like Every Breaking Wave. I mainly just worry that any publicity is just another excuse for everyone to hate U2 nowadays.

I really wish the Grammys were like the 'Hunger Games', as in, the nominees have to battle it out to see who wins the Grammy. Last one standing gets the trophy as long as the others are mutilated.

Fair enough. People do seem to like Every Breaking Wave. I mainly just worry that any publicity is just another excuse for everyone to hate U2 nowadays.

I wouldn't worry about such things. Their EMA performance seemed to get excellent reviews.

And they've always had plenty of detractors. It's just louder thanks to the internets and social media, also coinciding slightly with the fact that the majority of their fanbase isn't necessarily the one who is on such websites, so you'll hear the crap more than the good more often than not.

I'm holding out hope that the band realizes the best way to drum up excitement for an upcoming tour and show that Bono is on the road to recovery is by doing something with more kick to it, not Bono sitting in a wheelchair while a string quartet plays behind him.

Since The Miracle isn't up for anything and was a bit of a non-starter, they're really free to play anything. Plus, there's a good chance EBW will be nominated next year and would be played then.

So let's cross our fingers that California or Volcano gets the nod instead.

I'm holding out hope that the band realizes the best way to drum up excitement for an upcoming tour and show that Bono is on the road to recovery is by doing something with more kick to it, not Bono sitting in a wheelchair while a string quartet plays behind him.

Since The Miracle isn't up for anything and was a bit of a non-starter, they're really free to play anything. Plus, there's a good chance EBW will be nominated next year and would be played then.

So let's cross our fingers that California or Volcano gets the nod instead.

Yes to one of those two songs, but I'd LOVE This is Where You Can Reach Me Now to instead be that song. It's on the album proper, not the bonus disc like TCB. Of course, I'm also pulling for Soldier Soldier to be the next single after EBW, and it should release in March. Next up is California - released as a single in May. It's a terrific driving song - windows down, hair blowing, crank it up loud; the perfect summer song.

Bono's eye looks fine. See the pics from his Christmas Eve dinner with his family, Larry and Shane MacGowan of the Pogues in Dublin. He is still medicated, that's for sure. Perhaps you are onto something, though, and Bono can wear an eye patch for sympathy. :p

10891906_752673661453605_7277223548725478312_n.jpg

In 5 weeks, who knows. Maybe Bono will be up for such an important performance, but I hope he doesn't push it too hard/too soon. He's Bono, so he likely will. :huh:

If U2 does perform on Feb. 5th, it will be a bit ironic since George Harrison will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award this night. Jambands.com - Need We Say More? > News > George Harrison Honored with Lifetime Achievement Grammy

Play something else. EBW was good in the acoustic version, but SOI in US needs some fresh blood.

Crystal Ballroom would be great. The Miracle would be ok, nothing worth talking about. EBW would be solid and draw some buzz. But TCB would be totally out of left field and crazy awesome.

I really wish the Grammys were like the 'Hunger Games', as in, the nominees have to battle it out to see who wins the Grammy. Last one standing gets the trophy as long as the others are mutilated.

any other year, yes, but this time we're one man down, so probably no.

I am all for that in the "Best New Artist" category. It would eliminate 99% of the crap that passes as music these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Wow that was a terrible performance,the worst performance ive seen i think

I worry about Bono's use of a wheelchair these days.

tumblr_mcy0ylqXAp1qzeifoo1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom