Glastonbury TV Coverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:rockon:

Red Button coverage kicks off in just over 30 mins folks (non-U2!)

bbcmenu.png

Is BBC HD online not live? BBC Two online is working fairly well though, but the HD is always nice!

I just posted the below on this page Violent scenes break out in the crowd at U2’s long-awaited Glastonbury debut - Telegraph - maybe some other interferencers could chip in to balance it out a bit more - the level of misinformation and U2 bashing in the UK media is unprintable, at least they did publish my comment:

"I'm fed up of all the hypocrisy of the protestors and the U2-bashers on here. I bet most of the protestors haven't paid a penny of tax in their miserable little lives and probably live o ff the tax paid by harder working more positive individuals.

I wish the press would report e.g. that U2 donated 5 million Euros to Irish schools to fund music education for all Irish schoolchildren. They have many times put their money where their mouth is, but tastefully never mouth off about it.

Please report this in a more balanced way. Enjoyed the music."

paulrg said:
I just posted the below on this page Violent scenes break out in the crowd at U2’s long-awaited Glastonbury debut - Telegraph - maybe some other interferencers could chip in to balance it out a bit more - the level of misinformation and U2 bashing in the UK media is unprintable, at least they did publish my comment:

"I'm fed up of all the hypocrisy of the protestors and the U2-bashers on here. I bet most of the protestors haven't paid a penny of tax in their miserable little lives and probably live o ff the tax paid by harder working more positive individuals.

I wish the press would report e.g. that U2 donated 5 million Euros to Irish schools to fund music education for all Irish schoolchildren. They have many times put their money where their mouth is, but tastefully never mouth off about it.

Please report this in a more balanced way. Enjoyed the music."

Again totally bad press they didnt even open with uteotw

corianderstem said:
I noticed that, too. :lol:

Its all over i just seen the same article on sky news, just goes to show they only follow gossip and dont report on fact

You know would be funny if the band sent the heavys in "fuckin stop them they dont know what their talking about" but this was all mr eavis descion so fair play

Absolutely incredible performance - they were playing better than ever. I felt like I was there, I was getting so into it. Great to see the crowd loving every minute. Bono said afterwards to Jo Whiley and Zane Lowe about the warmth of the crowd. It was as good as any 360 performance, if not better.

They nailed it and then some!!

Brilliant performance in my opinion, recorded the whole thing on BBC HD. Will record to DVD and will post free of charge to the first 20 people to email me at andrewtenwick@talktalk.net Best wishes Andy

Can you torrent the dvd? That way everyone can get it :) That'd be really awesome! Otherwise, if you can upload the files in a zip on mediafire.com, I'll do it for you. :) You'll be credited with everything, ofcourse.

Go to google. Click on news. Type in "U2." What a shame that while all the reviews seem to be very positive and they clearly put on an epic performance, probably 95% of the media coverage seems to follow the line, "Violence breaks out at U2 Glastonbury performance." Sad how the media plays up a minor conflict and drowns out the real story.

Its pretty annoying the Tax Protest thing is getting the headlines/overshadowing the bands performance. The majority of the articles on the net prefer to talk about the protest, rather than the actual performance itself. I don't understand either, all that happened was a big baloon got popped and a few protesters were taken to the floor, big deal, get over it.

So i missed it last night and i'd LOVE to see it....

Anyone know if there are any good high quality torrents up anywhere?
plz mail me at u2mofo at gmail . com

The full show can't be posted on u2torrents.

Also i don't know the setlist yet, so i'm trying to avoid any spoilers, but that's bloody difficult!!

Did anyone get the vibe that the band was nervous? Bono kept looking down at a screen for lyrics, Streets seemed to have a bit of a rough start...

Did anyone get the vibe that the band was nervous? Bono kept looking down at a screen for lyrics, Streets seemed to have a bit of a rough start...

I noticed him looking down at the lyrics alot throughout the performance aswell. They were defiantly nervous and to much out of their comfort zone. I guess the whether/jet-lag didn't help either.

Still a very good performance though.

Dave Grohl in 1991 or 1992 apparently disliked them. I'd be curious if he still feels the same or has mellowed in his post-grunge days.

Yeah, because Nirvana was SOOO talented. :rolleyes: If it weren't for Cobain, Nirvana would be nothing. If it weren't for Cobain's death, Nirvana would be viewed as a "whatever happened to..." type of band.

But Grohl did have success post-Nirvana where he looked like he was having fun. So I hope he has mellowed. U2, circa 1987-1989, looked super-serious - so much so that the Pet Shop Boys made a whimsical remake of Streets to mock U2. But come 1991, clearly U2 changed. I'm hoping the same is true for Grohl.

And it sucks that the "topic" of this festival is tax money - as if any of the protesters are actually paying taxes. :lol:

OK, so how come Coldplay's Glastonbury set gets on American TV (VH1 right now) less than five hours after they played but not U2? :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom