Drowning Man on the 360° Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And then they never played it, good old U2.com

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So stupid to not even give it a try! It couldn't have gone down worse than "your blue room". I was happy to hear YBR and am thankful I was at one of the few shows they tried it. But it did suck the life out of the stadium. I didn't see anybody besides my 2 friends singing along.

At least a fair percentage of a U2 crowd owns the War album, so there's a chance they've at least heard "drowning man".

Sounded good and very promising.

Nice to hear The Edge bring out an acoustic 12-string (lucky Dallas...!! :wink:) probably explains why an acoustic Mysterious Ways was kicked about for a bit, would love to hear both at some stage.

They worked on it for half the day in Dublin while we were sitting in line, other half was spent on Electrical Storm. Still haven't forgiven them for going with IWF instead. :grumpy:

It would make YBR seem like a good idea to play in stadiums. Thanks but no thanks.

FUck! Shame they didn´t play it. But the drums absolutely doesn´t work for this one.

It´s a shame they didn´t play E Storm more than couple of times.

Oh, I forgot, they needed more space for warhorses.

FUck! Shame they didn´t play it. But the drums absolutely doesn´t work for this one.

It´s a shame they didn´t play E Storm more than couple of times.

Oh, I forgot, they needed more space for warhorses.

I love Electrical Storm, but their live arrangement just wasn't very good. Could it have been better? Yeah, probably, if they had put some work into it. The last time it was played was much better than the first two times.

Bono also had a guitar that he waved around while a second guitar went off clearly in the background. It was really funny.

Yeah had Bono played guitar properly, it would've been much better. And the sort of explosive moment Edge should've played the chords of the Orbit mix, rather than the great riff of the demo version.

Back
Top Bottom