Covers/Collaborations you'd like to see

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hornbag

The Fly
A few years ago, think it was before the Honolulu Vertigo gig, I remember someone wishing that Eddie Vedder would duet on Bad, and on Youtube, a user wrote under a video for No Line on the Horizon, how they'd like Pearl Jam to cover it. Pearl Jam are one of my favourite bands, and naturally I'd love to see something like this. Then I got thinking to other covers and collaborations I reckon would be good. Like the xx, if anyone enjoys them, I think they'd be perfect to make a stab at If You Wear That Velvet Dress. Or Radiohead to cover something from Pop, give it a twist or whatever. Any other ideas? Maybe something from Snow Patrol, Kings of Leon, Killers or (let's see people get excited) Coldplay? Just something I thought might be interesting to see what people might suggest

I'd love to see a collaboration between Trent Reznor and U2. Or a duet - 'Heroes' between Bono and Bowie.

The Killers doing If God Will Send His Angels (or maybe they've already done it which is why my brain went there?).
And I know Coldplay gets bashed a lot here (hell, I join in) but I'd love to hear them do A Sort Of Homecoming.

Maybe Eagles of Death Metal should have a go at GOYB, seeing as they were one of the main inspirations it seems! Their main singer even posted a video saying how flattered he was about it.

Edit: I also love that Pearl Jam video of ASOH :D

I'd love to see a collaboration between Trent Reznor and U2. Or a duet - 'Heroes' between Bono and Bowie.

I was musing the other day on the possibility of Bowie joining U2 on stage at Glastonbury. He's been out of the spotlight for quite a while now and I would imagine that even if health reasons would permit he probably doesn't have the inclination to tour anymore. It would be a great chance for him to say "Hello, i'm still here. Look what I helped create" at an event he has a bit of history with.

I was thinking which Pop song would suit Radiohead best, and I had thought If God Will Send His Angels, but WUDM would be a great one :)

Like the xx, if anyone enjoys them, I think they'd be perfect to make a stab at If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

I like this idea! The Flaming Lips will also be suitable for this job.

For me:
All I Want is You - by Elbow (like they did Running to stand still)
Who's gonna ride your wild horses - Eels
Discothèque - Yeasayer
I Will Follow - Blood Red Shoes
Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop) - Vampire Weekend

Just some random thoughts... :)

I think Radiohead could do "Please" really well. "Love is Blindness" would be another good one.

A collaboration between U2 and Trent Reznor would be an incredible experiment. He would definitely force them out of their comfort zone.

Arcade Fire could do justice to a good portion of the classic U2 songs, I think. They'd do an amazing job with Streets, WOWY, All I Want Is You, New Year's Day, or ISHFWILF.

To throw one more name into the mix, I'd love to see them do something with Beck as well.

Radiohead/Yorke did snippet part of Please once. Not much - the 'love is tough' part. Can't remember what song or where/when. All in all, barely worth mentioning really.

The Who's Gonna Ride/Eels suggestion above is a good one. Can almost exactly picture how he'd likely do it. And I like it.

U2 and Mark E Smith
Duet between Bono and Liam or Noel Gallagher
'Town Called Malice' - Bono and Paul Weller
U2 with Jimmy Page
'Hurt' - Bono and Trent Reznor

so many fantasies

I was musing the other day on the possibility of Bowie joining U2 on stage at Glastonbury. He's been out of the spotlight for quite a while now and I would imagine that even if health reasons would permit he probably doesn't have the inclination to tour anymore. It would be a great chance for him to say "Hello, i'm still here. Look what I helped create" at an event he has a bit of history with.

I'd love to see that. Hope that the band at least do something different.

Radiohead/Yorke did snippet part of Please once. Not much - the 'love is tough' part. Can't remember what song or where/when. All in all, barely worth mentioning really.

That would be a snippet in I Might Be Wrong, Earl's Court 2003.

The Flaming Lips: Lemon
Fleet Foxes: Where The Streets Have No Name
Animal Collective: If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Band of Horses: Wake Up Dead Man
The National: Desire
Arcade Fire: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

etc

It's been said many times before, but given 'collaborations' is part of this, it should be said again: Bono deserves a slap for being so utterly crap on Love Will Tear Us Apart with Arcade Fire.

Back
Top Bottom