Bono double offers to resume tour with U2 band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how aware U2/Bono are of his antics but I would think he's flirting with a cease and desist order.
I mean isn't using someones likeness to fraudulently obtain monies from someone the same as pulling a con in someone elses name? :down:
Last I heard that was against the law - but I'm not lawyer. :wink:

I'm pretty sure U2 would end if any of the band members wanted to leave. For a band that has had the same band members and have remained best friends for that many years it just wouldnt be right to replace any of them.

U2 wouldn't continue to exist with any band member missing. I could never imagine the band without Bono or any other member. It's annoying to even speculate about it and I'm sure U2 know that themselves. I'd prefer them to retire completely before they go on without a member or before they replace on of the members :down:

Really? He took $2500 from someone and didn't tell them he wasn't really Bono? They couldn't figure it out by looking at him? Was the room really dark? And he just happen to do a hell of a job making his voice sound like Bono's?

How can the action of that person make Bono look bad?
And U2 would call it quits if they had to replace him, c'mon...that's an easy call.

Imagine you aren't a U2 fan, if one of your friends, the one you can't ever doubt of, tells you he's been dining with Bono because he's paid him for it, what would you think of Bono?
Last year while U2 were rehearsing in Barcelona, this guy went to Mallorca, he got into a famous restaurant and, as nobody was paying him attention, he asked for a guitar and started singing, then he let people took pics with him and someone paid for his lunch without saying he was an impersonator, when I saw the pics some days afterwards it was a hard job to get my friend believe it was not Bono, only after looking at the pictures in Camp Nou she had to admit she had been cheated.
Now, imagine what others may think of this: Bono has such a big ego he gets into a restaurant makes everybody notice his presence imposing himself with a guitar, and he sings terribly without all the technical devices (because Pavel sings terribly).

On the other subject, I believe that if any of the U2 members has or decides to retire, the whole band will retire too, we could expect some little collaborations, especially Edge and Bono doing some public appearances for charitable initiatives and I hope they will continue writing music after they decide not to tour anymore.
Personally, I don't mind waiting for Bono to recover or for any of the members of the band if it is the case, but if I see him replaced by someone else I won't ever buy any of their music or go to a concert again.

putting aside whether or not he really looks like him, i can't believe anyone would think bono would charge someone to have dinner with them. he's a well-known philanthropist even by people who don't like u2. while i'm sure he charges appearance fees for speeches or whatever, i highly doubt he'd charge for eating a meal with someone. he seems like the kinda guy who'd do it for free (if he ever did, of course) and probably even pick up the tab.

Imagine you aren't a U2 fan, if one of your friends, the one you can't ever doubt of, tells you he's been dining with Bono because he's paid him for it, what would you think of Bono?
Last year while U2 were rehearsing in Barcelona, this guy went to Mallorca, he got into a famous restaurant and, as nobody was paying him attention, he asked for a guitar and started singing, then he let people took pics with him and someone paid for his lunch without saying he was an impersonator, when I saw the pics some days afterwards it was a hard job to get my friend believe it was not Bono, only after looking at the pictures in Camp Nou she had to admit she had been cheated.
Now, imagine what others may think of this: Bono has such a big ego he gets into a restaurant makes everybody notice his presence imposing himself with a guitar, and he sings terribly without all the technical devices (because Pavel sings terribly).

On the other subject, I believe that if any of the U2 members has or decides to retire, the whole band will retire too, we could expect some little collaborations, especially Edge and Bono doing some public appearances for charitable initiatives and I hope they will continue writing music after they decide not to tour anymore.
Personally, I don't mind waiting for Bono to recover or for any of the members of the band if it is the case, but if I see him replaced by someone else I won't ever buy any of their music or go to a concert again.

No worries. U2 won't replace any of their band members.

How can the action of that person make Bono look bad?

Easily. If that person does something untoward or out of character for Bono (charging people to dine with him, taking advantage of free dinners in restaurants, behaving in an attention-whorish way), and people assume it's Bono doing it, they're going to think badly of Bono, aren't they?

I have nothing against impersonators, but now he's being a scam. Pathetic IMO

Nope. I really think, mentally, there's something wrong with that guy. :doh:

well i hope you are wrong, given history with rock stars and the mentally insane. However i think (hope) this guy is just getting his kicks as an impersonator and nothing more. If he ever really thinks he is "becoming Bono" then there could be a problem.

If i was Bono i would probably change my hair style / color / length / etc pretty regularly just to fuck with this guy.

There is only one Bono and this is him

lucky-bono.jpg

He looks like the Big Daddio, a boss of some sort, that chooses to give money to people rather than take it from them ... :wink:

Easily. If that person does something untoward or out of character for Bono (charging people to dine with him, taking advantage of free dinners in restaurants, behaving in an attention-whorish way), and people assume it's Bono doing it, they're going to think badly of Bono, aren't they?

Well, if I find out that a Mick Jagger impersonator did such a thing, would I think badly after I found out it was not the real person? No, I would not.

Well, if I find out that a Mick Jagger impersonator did such a thing, would I think badly after I found out it was not the real person? No, I would not.

But if you don't find out... :wink:

Exactly.

Carlos, I don't think anyone is saying that people would think badly of Bono for what someone they find out is an impersonator does, it's those who don't find out that they've been in contact with an impersonator we're talking about. Who knows what other shit this guy is out there doing, that doesn't get publicized?

well its obvious that some impersonators out there start to seriously 'become' the person they are impersonating. you've seen them, the peeps even having plastic surgery to look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO like Mr or Miss/Mrs Celeb...........they just start to convince themselves that they are that person, with the length of time they have from what they do.

its out there

they are out there

if Pavvy is someone who is now taking the piss and getting people to believe he is the real Bono, beyond the enjoyment of impersonating, thats seriously kinda fuked up. he can and will pick on the vulnerable public.........but then anyone can do that in general.

if this is not a bullshit story, then Pav must just be thinking under fantasy terms a lot, so while he sees himself as serious, everyone else laughs.

in fact, in that pic on the Irish website he looks more like George Michael :D

Back
Top Bottom