Band Aid 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just been confirmed and the announcement about who is involved is later on today. Will Bono be in it?

I hope not, the last one time he sung on one of these Band Aid re-releases, it wasn't great, and neither was he... the original was perfect, as was Bono's contribution.

Also there is a rumor that Quincy Jones is gathering U.S. artists for the U.S. song

Cunt looks like a fucking zombie.

Surely Sir Bob has some better ideas than trotting this out again.

He did look a mess on the news last night but to be fair he has had a rough time lately

"Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you"

One of Bono's single greatest vocal deliveries, if not the best ever (the original). We don't talk about it much here because it's not really a U2 song, but damn, he nails that line and it's not the same song without it.

IMO, that one line is just below Live Aid in critical moments in U2 history.

Why do we need to do this every 5 years? Just let the original stand alone... It's perfect as is

For the same reason they made it the first time: $$$ (depending on your pov, that $$$ destination varies).
Back then it was Ethiopia, now it's Ebola. I'm sure there'll still be something in 5 or 10 years to record it again.

One of Bono's single greatest vocal deliveries, if not the best ever (the original). We don't talk about it much here because it's not really a U2 song, but damn, he nails that line and it's not the same song without it.

I agree with all of this.

Which makes Bob's decision to amend the line this year, "and tonight we're reaching out to you" all the more baffling.

The whole song is stupid anyways.... Of course there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time. Half of it is equatorial, the other half is in the southern hemisphere and thus it's summer time. Duh.

And I'm sure the majority Muslim population gives two shits that it's Christmas time, ya jerkey celebrities ;)

The whole song is stupid anyways.... Of course there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time. Half of it is equatorial, the other half is in the southern hemisphere and thus it's summer time. Duh.

And I'm sure the majority Muslim population gives two shits that it's Christmas time, ya jerkey celebrities ;)

Well, as Hemingway reminds us, snow can be found year round on Kilimanjaro. :)

But at least you said Christmas. ;)

There are lots of lines in that song that are baffling actually...

"Where nothing ever grows"
...really? Africa? Nothing grows there? Tell that to my coffee.

"Nor rain nor rivers flow"...Ever hear of "the rains" Bob? They call it "the wet" down under.

"Where the only water flowing is the bitter sting of tears"...So I'm guessing the Congo and Nile don't count? You can see them from SPACE.

"The greatest gift they'll get this year is life"...Well, isn't life the greatest gift anyone gets anywhere any year? (unless you're Whitney Houston, in which case the greatest gift is loving yourself, and you're dead anyway)

Well, as Hemingway reminds us, snow can be found year round on Kilimanjaro. :)

But at least you said Christmas. ;)

There are lots of lines in that song that are baffling actually...

"Where nothing ever grows"
...really? Africa? Nothing grows there? Tell that to my coffee.

"Nor rain nor rivers flow"...Ever hear of "the rains" Bob? They call it "the wet" down under.

"Where the only water flowing is the bitter sting of tears"...So I'm guessing the Congo and Nile don't count? You can see them from SPACE.

"The greatest gift they'll get this year is life"...Well, isn't life the greatest gift anyone gets anywhere any year? (unless you're Whitney Houston, in which case the greatest gift is loving yourself, and you're dead anyway)

:heart:

I'm excited because Guy Garvey and Bono will be fulfilling my vocal fantasies and singing on the same project.

Little part on Bono in the mirror newspaper

Fellow stars stood in awe as they listened to Bono perform his rendition with awe-inspiring power, while the U2 frontman and Bob Geldof gushed to singer Paloma Faith following her haunting performance which they described as “incredibly moving and sad”.

Back
Top Bottom