Aretha Franklin with Metallica and U2 MSG October 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Free Tix to see U2 play at RRHF show at MSG

U2 is the headlining act on the second night of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Show at MSG at the end of this month. I got an e-mail from Iota this morning offering free tix to the show. 1iota is a legit ticketing service often used by MTV and other networks to get audiences for shows. They were who distributed tix to the U2 show under the Brooklyn Bridge. The e-mail and instructions are below:

This email was sent to you by 1iota.com - Free TV Show Tickets and Events. Please add casting@1iota.com or 1iota.com to your address book. This will ensure delivery into your Inbox (not your bulk or junk folders).

If you have trouble reading this email, go to the online version.

ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME 25TH

WE HAVE 750 FREE OBSTRUCTED SEATS!

CHECK OUT THE LINE UP!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation is delighted to announce their 25th Anniversary this coming year. In honor of our 25th Anniversary, the Foundation will host two very special benefit concerts at Madison Square Garden on October 29th and 30th, 2009. Each night will highlight different artists that will not only celebrate their music, but invite musical guests to join them onstage for what will be two unforgettable evenings with unique collaborations. Come join us at the shows and become a part of rock and roll history! Each band/artist will perform for almost an hour.

OCT. 29TH LINE UP:
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND (closing act)
STEVIE WONDER
SIMON & GARFUNKEL
PAUL SIMON
CROSBY, STILLS, NASH AND FRIENDS

OCT. 30TH LINE UP:
U2 (closing act)
ARETHA FRANKLIN
ERIC CLAPTON
METALLICA

If you want to request free tickets for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 25th, please visit 1iota : Free Tickets or click here.

**WE WILL GIVE PRIORITY ACCESS TO ONE OF THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME EVENTS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO CONFIRM TICKETS AND ATTEND EITHER THE 10AM OR 3PM "MARRIAGE REF" SHOW ON 10/21/09.

JERRY SEINFELD PRESENTS: THE MARRIAGE REF

APPEARANCES BY JERRY SEINFELD!

GET READY TO LAUGH!

We are looking for 120 people to be a part of the studio audience on 10/21/09.

Jerry Seinfeld, NBC, the Executive Producer of The Oprah Winfrey Show and the producers of "Super Nanny" now bring you…"The Marriage Ref”

A comic, reality series where celebrities and a relationship referee help squabbling couples make peace. Created by Seinfeld himself, this is relationship advice... with a comic twist.

Jerry Seinfeld is back and in the producer's chair for a funny and revealing series about the unpredictable and hilarious institution we call marriage. In his celebrated NBC sitcom Seinfeld, Jerry and friends became household names by highlighting humorous and relatable situations surrounding single life in New York City. In Jerry's new primetime venture, married life takes center stage as celebrities, comedians and sports stars candidly comment, judge and decide who's right and who's wrong in real-life disputes between real-life spouses.

Revealing. Controversial. Downright funny. The Marriage Ref vows to look at relationships unlike anything you've ever seen on TV.

As EP Jerry Seinfeld adds, "This is not a therapy show, it’s a comedy show. After nine years of marriage, I have discovered that the comedic potential of this subject is quite rich."

If you want to request free tickets for the Marriage Ref, please visit
1iota : Free Tickets or click here.

**WE WILL GIVE PRIORITY ACCESS TO ONE OF THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME EVENTS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO CONFIRM TICKETS AND ATTEND EITHER THE 10AM OR 3PM "MARRIAGE REF" SHOW ON 10/21/09.

Unsubscribe | Complain | Confirm | Forward to a friend
6834 Hollywood Blvd Los Angeles CA 90028

I signed up..Forgot about that site I got my Brookyn Bridge tix from them :heart: now lets see if they deliver..obstructed view or not..:D

I'm a huge fan of Metallica. I think I love them as much as I love U2. They are an amazing band. If they shared the stage with U2 I could die and go o heaven. I want that to happen. I want them to play together. They rock differently but they think very much alike. James Hetfield playing while Bono is singing? Adam playing a bass line in front of Lars? Larry and Rob locking in a beat? Edge and Kirk complementing each other with licks? Fucking paradise that would be for me.

I'm not that familiar with Metallica, but their hits (and they don't have many as they are like U2 in one category - more of an album than single band) do stand the test of time (another similarity to U2).

I would enjoy a show featuring such a diverse array of artists. Usually, similar artists are grouped. Arguable, Clapton and U2 may be acceptable in one show. But really, one has a rock legend, the Queen of Soul, and two enduring rock bands with tremendous followings - one hard or metal rock, one more punk or pop rock. This diversity would make for an interesting crowd too as few would be a fan of all four artists. And that alone makes it interesting! :yes:

However, if U2 was in such an event, I do not think they would perform with Metallica. Oh, there may be some song that all four of them do together (knowing our luck, it would be yet another version of "One" with some power licks and over-singing), but I think each would have their own selection of songs and then leave the stage for the next artist.

My friend got the free tickets from 1iota and was going to give them to me to use but I wonder if they'll check id's??:hmm:

A friend posted 9 minutes ago on her FB page that Springsteen hasn't come out yet, and that was at 11:30. So I wonder if there is a curfew. I guess the length of his performance will give us a clue to tomorrow nights possibilities with U2 closing the show.

from some reviews i've seen you can't see shit until the last act, but you can see all of the last act... last night bruce played for an hour and 45 minutes, show ending at 1:30... that's like an entire u2 show (but only half a bruce show, ironicly)

i think i'm gonna do it up... it'll be worth it i think.

I tried getting tickets for this but failed miserably despite being online the second they went to public onsale. Any reports of how it was?

I tried getting tickets for this but failed miserably despite being online the second they went to public onsale. Any reports of how it was?

I went the night before (Bruce & co.) and thought it was a better show overall. I was disappointed with U2's setlist; I thought they'd play longer (of course that's not their fault) and mix up the setlist a little bit. This is off the top of my head, so I'm sure someone can add a real setlist later, and it's not in order and is probably missing something. But I know they played Vertigo, Magnificent, Because the Night (w/ Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (w/ Bruce Springsteen), Where is the Love? (w/ the Black Eyed Peas), Gimme Shelter (w/ Fergie and Mick Jagger), Stuck in a Moment (w/ Mick Jagger), Mysterious Ways, and they closed with Beautiful Day.

The highlight for me was after the concert. :love:
IMG_1023.jpg

ETA: Sorry, just realized this should probably be discussed on the other thread for it.

HBO is broadcasting the show this coming Sunday from 8 p. m.

Good news for German fans: Kabel 1 is broadcasting the show or parts of it (I guess it's the same as the HBO broadcast) in December:

KABEL 1
16 December, 2009
starting at 11.30 p. m.

^ Same question.

Someone please tell me that there's a record of this.

I watched it last night and I thought U2's performance was decent but nothing spectacular. I think they were showing how tired they are from playing for months now. Metallica was a better performance IMO but nonetheless... I still enjoyed it. :wave:

I watched it last night and I thought U2's performance was decent but nothing spectacular. I think they were showing how tired they are from playing for months now.

the ironic thing about this statement is that Springsteen & The E Street Band, whom are pretty much all 10+ years older than U2, and have a few health issues to deal with, had been on the road for close to 2 straight years when this concert took place, and had an energetic, close to 2 hour epic set.

Back
Top Bottom