Yell Sound, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Australian comedian who, amongst other things, hosts one of the best and most intelligent shows on telly, The Gruen Transfer (or Gruen Planet or Gruen Nation or Gruen Sweat, depending on theme).

Homework's driving me up the wall and I don't think I can do any more on it until I talk to my lecturer tomorrow morning. I'd go to bed but me dog's sleeping on the part of the bed that I'd normally rest myself on, and I'm half "gross, a dog is lying on where I should be sleeping" and half "she's so cute, I don't wanna wake her!". So I'm just sitting here sipping on a Grolsch and wondering if I should sleep on the couch or something. I must be too polite to own a dog.

That's cute. Depending on how tired I was, I'd be poking the dog to wake her up.

Guys! I have had a brilliant idea. Can't believe I didn't think of it before. I know how to make 21st Century Breakdown go from a mediocre album to something better. How much better? I dunno. But here's what I'm going to do. Since I have a list of all the songs Billie Joe wrote/appropriated for the American Idiot musical, what I'm going to do is something that U2 fans have been doing with their albums for centuries. I'm going to extract the musical songs from 21st Century Breakdown and make an album of those. Then I'm going to take the songs that are left and make an album of those. Then maybe we'll have two better albums instead of one that doesn't make much sense.

ONWARDS! To the iTunes!

Oh Vlad, I see your country has been very naughty, doping at the Olympics.

Thanks for the sixth gold though!

That does sound like a brilliant idea!

Got the songs separated, working on track listing now.

In no particular order...

The Musical Album:

Last Of The American Girls
Last Night On Earth
Before The Lobotomy
When It's Time (Studio version from the musical soundtrack album)
Know Your Enemy
21 Guns
Christian's Inferno*
Murder City*
Mass Hysteria (Part A of American Eulogy)*

*These three songs are not actually in the musical, however, like Before The Lobotomy, they mention Billie Joe's character of Christian by name, so they get added to this album. Last of The American Girls is not about Gloria, nor does it mention her by name. In fact, of all these songs, only Mass Hysteria mentions Gloria by name, and only as a random throwaway rhyme at the end of the bridge, where he slurs her name anyway.

The Non-Musical album

Song Of The Century
21st Century Breakdown
iViva La Gloria!
East Jesus Nowhere
Peacemaker
Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)
Restless Heart Syndrome
Horseshoes And Handgrenades
The Static Age
Song Of The Century (Reprise) [The first 30 seconds of "American Eulogy"]
Modern World [Part B of "American Eulogy"]
See The Light

I may give Restless Heart Syndrome to the musical simply because it sucks.

Hi Superthread,

My name is Axver and I am listening to an album called Boy.

Cheers,

Hi Superthread,

I am reorganizing a crappy album and throwing in a B-Side or two to make it listenable.

I am become Axver, fixer of crap.

Aren't you glad you don't have me on Facebook? Otherwise you'd have seen it a third time.

I'm just enjoying New Zealand now having double the amount of golds we've ever had before, 1984 excluded. That's what you call a successful Olympics, and it makes up for the suckfest that was 2000.

KIWI KIWI KIWI
GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT
KIWI KIWI KlWI
GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT
KIWI
GLOAT
KIWI
GLOAT
KIWI KIWI KIWI
GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT

So yeah, I popped into a bottle-o I hadn't been in for a while today, and well sheet, they had that Baltic Porter that the bacon beer dudes make. AKA, the porter made with star anise and licorice root. How could I resist?

Of course, I'm just gonna wait until the weekend where I can chill and make sure I can write you guys a long, splendid review. Haha, just kidding. I'm drinking this shitbird motherfucker right now.

It's black, of course. It was also the noisiest beer I've ever poured in my life, bubbles scratching and hissing, like a thousand lonely Baltic fisherman were drowning as it filled my faded West Coast logo steinglass. My first taste was a little disappointing, as it was with the bacon beer - not because the beer tasted bad, per se, but because it just tasted like a fairly standard dark beer with notes of coffee and raisins. It wasn't until I did this cool palette cleansing thing that I learned at a wine tour that I noticed the licorice, and then it came out wonderfully. I let the beer settle in my mouth as I envisioned a Lithuanian sailor fight a dragon, as hints of black jellybeans and blue PK filled my happy senses. The aniseed passed, like a storm that dressed up nicely but just didn't feel like doing anything, and again I was back to a more classic porter taste. Yet the memory lived on. A good beer. It's 7.8%, so thank shit I don't have a lesson tomorrow.

I need more beers in my life that bring forth visions of Lithuanian sailors fighting dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom