Yell Sound, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, what should I wear to the marriage equality rally tomorrow?? Something colourful? Understated? I also wanted to make a homemade rainbow flag, but all I could find was some pens, a yellow highlighter and a lead pencil... so I made a flag anyway, but some might say it looks ridiculous. I think I'll just give it to my friend, or sell it for a reasonable price.

I KNOW ALL BLACK GOOKS FrORM MEMORY

Yes.

tumblr_m8joxyvnzg1rrz8mso1_400.gif

Yes.

:crack: I'm TOO many pages behind to even attempt to catch up, can someone point me to the good stuff?

The last posts I read were referring to five favorite songs and Curiosity. I had no idea Voyager was about to leave our solar system, I thought it hit that mark ages ago. Fucking exciting.

My five favorite songs are:

1) The Unforgettable Fire
2) Can't Help Falling in Love
3) Gimme Shelter
4) I'm On Fire
5) Baba O'Riley

Hey guys, what should I wear to the marriage equality rally tomorrow?? Something colourful? Understated? I also wanted to make a homemade rainbow flag, but all I could find was some pens, a yellow highlighter and a lead pencil... so I made a flag anyway, but some might say it looks ridiculous. I think I'll just give it to my friend, or sell it for a reasonable price.

Understated but with a bit of colour, perhaps? I really want to see this flag.

seriously, you follks heard the new song by Muse? Unsustainable. It's on YouTube, last IO checked.

It's actually Enter Shikari remixed by Skrillex. It's kind of hilarious. BEWTTER THAN OLYMPIC SHIT SONG TOO.

Is it actually about exploiting fossil fuels, or is that just where my brain took me when it saw "Unsustainable"? Or maybe it's about the West's obsession with economic growth.

It might need a bit of Skrillex to liven up the subject matter... in a bad way.

Oh man soooo hungover.

Is it actually about exploiting fossil fuels, or is that just where my brain took me when it saw "Unsustainable"? Or maybe it's about the West's obsession with economic growth.

It might need a bit of Skrillex to liven up the subject matter... in a bad way.

You're right. You're right on BOTH COUNTS.

I am close to drunk for the first time in months. Tipsy enough to consider writing a long emphatic argument about what exactly is wrong with The Lorax movie.

Just got back from a long day at the amusement park with my mom and brother. Made it out with only one broken finger and blistered feet. It had been kind of overcast all day, but then it started to downpour and thunder, so there was a mass exit from the park.

But we had fun, my brother rode a bunch of rides and not just ones for kids. I won $25 in my work's raffle. A good day. Now if someone can get me out of this place called vertigo, I'll be happy.

They just didn't understand the point.

The point of the end of the Lorax, at least to me, is that you don't SEE what happens to the seed. You're told: Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not

At that point, Dr. Seuss isn't talking to the boy, he's talking to the reader. You have to make your own change in the world. You have to plant the seed. In the film, you see Ted fix every thing. Ted plants the tree and the world changes. You don't need to do anything, because it's all ok now.

Dear Universal Studios,

Your movie is bad, and you should feel bad!
[insert picture of Zoidberg shouting]

It's PG, probably for that reason.

God, I'm so scared about the Captain Underpants movie. If that happens, I can only pray that they don't trade in the dark humor for dick jokes.

OH OH OH, BUT I do have to congratulate The Lorax, there were NO hidden dirty jokes. Not on I saw.

I'm pretty sure The Bats are the best band ever for hangovers.

Time to look through the bag of movies from the video store (I love it when they give me two weeks of 1/2 off movies :drool: ) trying to decide what's best for a drunk night.

Broken finger, Reggo? :(

Also, thank you for reminding me about the existence of Captain Linger. *L*

mum's pinky got caught on one of the rides and the bone behind her pinky nail is cracked. She's buddy-taping it to her ring finger.

We went on a bunch of rides that use centripetal force for their thrill right before leaving and I haven't recovered yet. though, to be fair, I've been slightly dizzy for days.

Captain Linger, captain Linger. The day he saves may be his own!

Are they the musical equivalent of Berocca, or vegemite on toast?

Haha. Nice and catchy so that I don't drift away, but quiet enough for me to handle.

Though now I've managed to tolerate a bit of noise and I'm listening to Bailter Space's new album. Still mindblown that they're making music again after vanishing for so long.

Oh god this might be the worst hangover I've ever had.

mum's pinky got caught on one of the rides and the bone behind her pinky nail is cracked. She's buddy-taping it to her ring finger.

We went on a bunch of rides that use centripetal force for their thrill right before leaving and I haven't recovered yet. though, to be fair, I've been slightly dizzy for days.

Captain Linger, captain Linger. The day he saves may be his own!

Ow... hope it's better soon.

I used to see those cartoons all the time... I can't remember where or when or what I was watching when they came on.

/senile moment

Oh my God.

Ok,
so
today was like the most msileading day ever.

It was overcast and in the low 70s/high 60s and rainy and just perfect fall weather and so we bought a fall variety pack of Sam Adams.

AND GUYS

I have finally found a pumpkin beer that tastes like pumpkin!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom